Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Database is not updating infos

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Just saw the other post about this...

I have noticed that after I have played a song the bpm and key information is not being added to the database. I tried to fix the database but no drive shows up therefore there is nothing to fix. I looked in the vdj file under documents and I can't find the database.xml... How do I get this back?

Also, how do you scan for bpm? That option is not one of my choices on the menu.

Posté Tue 28 Jul 09 @ 8:17 pm
Hello hcknight,

A) Lack of Database
Your issue may be a write permission issue (Your database being not saved as you lack the permission to write data in VirtualDJ folder).
1) Close VirtualDJ
2) Go to the Macintosh HD Documents folder, select the VirtualDJ folder, push down the keyboard Ctrl button and keep it down, and click on your mouse Click (or if you have a PC mouse, with 2 click buttons, right click with the mouse on the VirtualDJ folder)
3) Choose the Get Info menu
4) In the bottom of Get Info dialog box, click on the padlock and open it (Mac OS will prompt you to type your Mac OS user password)
4) Once the padlock is open, you can update the Sharing and Permissions: check your Mac user account has Read & Write privilege set. If your accond has a Read only privilege, change it to Read & Write.
5) Close the window.
And now your VirtualDJ database should be saved.

B) Calculate the BPMs
You can scan the BPM in selecting the files you want to scan, pushing down the ctrl key on your Mac keyboard, keeping the ctrl key down, and clicking on the file(or files) with your mouse: it calls a dialog box where you can select the command Scan for BPMs.

You should read VirtualDJ 5 DJC pdf manual, which you can download from Hercules tech support website http://ts.hercules.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=2&fid=28&pid=215&cid=6 .

Posté Thu 20 Aug 09 @ 4:30 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)