Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet BCD 3000 opinion

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

bnrzaHome userMember since 2009
Hi all

I''m looking to get a midi controler and im interested in the bcd3k. it seems like a good value for money option. i watched a few vids on youtube and it seemed 2 work well 4 people using it with vdj. but after reading a few forum posts here it seems that there are quite a few potential problems with the bcd 3k. pressing a button twice to make it do anything seems really irritating. just wanted to no if any of u have any opinions on using it with vdj??

thanks in advance
cheers

Posté Wed 05 Aug 09 @ 10:38 am
bnrza wrote :
Hi all

I''m looking to get a midi controler and im interested in the bcd3k. it seems like a good value for money option. i watched a few vids on youtube and it seemed 2 work well 4 people using it with vdj. but after reading a few forum posts here it seems that there are quite a few potential problems with the bcd 3k. pressing a button twice to make it do anything seems really irritating. just wanted to no if any of u have any opinions on using it with vdj??

thanks in advance
cheers

Umm....One word..... "DON'T"!!!!!

I have the BCD 3000 and have had nothing but problems with it from day 1 !

Its not fully compat with VDJ its geared for use with Tractor.

Issues Include - Random freezing of the audio (bad times )

- Random crashing out of VDJ (very bad times ! )

- Buttons not functioning correctly ( as you pointed out)

- Prefade listen rotary knobs not working correctly ( can't monitor properly )

- Mic input does not work (there is no known fix for this )

Save up a bit more cash and buy the Hercules RMX, its fully compat with VDJ, rock solid, "does what it says on the tin", and you get the RMX Console version of VDJ bundled with it for free !!!!!!!!!

matt

Posté Wed 05 Aug 09 @ 12:15 pm
bnrzaHome userMember since 2009
Ok that definitly clears things up thanks a lot.
I'v only heard good things about the rmx but unfortunately its a bit out of my price range. My other options are the Numark omni control, stealth control, or total control or Hercules mk2.
I'd like the controller to have a onboard soundcard as well so I can use it as a asio card at a later stage. Do any of these controllers do that?

Posté Wed 05 Aug 09 @ 12:43 pm
yep the hercules mk 2 definately has an inbuilt soundcard.

ps i've just got out my bcd3000 to test it again and see if anything has changed with new driverz etc..........they havent. It wont even work at all with vdj 6.0.1 :(

cheers

Matt

Posté Wed 05 Aug 09 @ 1:31 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If buttons need to be pressed twice to engage you need to switch from the BCD Control Pannel to B-DJ mode and not to Advanced.

As far as i know BCD3000 is compartible with VDJ. The truth is that the Audio drivers are not stable, so if you are planning to use it as a soundcard, buy something else. But as a midi controller, i would reccomend to anyone.

For the professional users, you may also download the Mapper of Moramax, which does mrvallous things. Jogs are working, as of course all the buttons.

Yes the mic doesnt work. But VirtualDJ has this known problem (ASIO Mic support) and has nothing to do with the BCD.

Posté Wed 05 Aug 09 @ 4:38 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)