Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Midi Mapper Help

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

cloud31PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hey Everyone, I'm having a little trouble mapping a few functions with vdj script. I'm trying to map key control to a knob on my bcr2000 and can't figure out what the correct input would be. I tried "deck 1 key_smooth slider" and a few other combinations but can't seem to get the key to budge. Does anyone know what the proper script would be? Thanks

Posté Thu 13 Aug 09 @ 12:15 am
Haui70PRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2008
Hi cloud,

i belive you must build first a definition file for your controller.

Please have a look here ;-)
http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/ControllerDefinition.html

If the BCR is already displayed at the VDJ Mapper Menu, select the controller at the pulldown menu.

When the wanted action is on your Skin, try the following way.

1) Select the BCR at the pulldown menu (located under the keyboard ;-)
2) Scroll down, until you see the NEW letters.
3) Click on NEW
4) Use the slider or knob on your controller
5) Then press the little button (looks like a monitor), located at the field ACTION
6) Now you are on the surface of your VDJ Skin
7) Click on the action you want to map
8) after that your are back in the mapper area.
9) press OK and the work is done.

Hope it helps
Haui

[EDIT] lol, i forgot the new manual is now online! http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/index.html (Manual page 35 ;-)

Posté Thu 13 Aug 09 @ 3:06 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
cloud31 wrote :
Hey Everyone, I'm having a little trouble mapping a few functions with vdj script. I'm trying to map key control to a knob on my bcr2000 and can't figure out what the correct input would be. I tried "deck 1 key_smooth slider" and a few other combinations but can't seem to get the key to budge. Does anyone know what the proper script would be? Thanks

Try to use the internal mapping procedure from VirtualDJ options. Click the Learn button and use for a moment your rotary button you want to map. The syntax should be like "deck 1 key".

Posté Thu 13 Aug 09 @ 10:26 am
cloud31PRO InfinityMember since 2008
Thanks for the suggestion. The controller is recognized by vdj, the problem is I'm running vdj6 beta for os x and don't have the little monitor icon to map my controls so must input commands manually. Thought maybe it was just a problem with my syntax, but looks like it might just be a glitch with the new versions.

Posté Thu 13 Aug 09 @ 3:05 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)