Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Need help mapping effect on djm-700

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

djpr1PRO InfinityMember since 2008
I've tried every combination but no luck.....i already have the effect mapped with no problem like this..

deck 1 effect 1 active on
deck 2 effect 1 active on

My problem is... I can trigger the effect when i press the button on my mixer but when i press it again it does not stop.
I've tried...

deck 1 effect 1 active (this is how is in the manual but doesn't even trigger the effect i have to add.... on )
on_off
on _stop
active_deactive

I think I'm missing something......any ideas?

Posté Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 2:55 pm
sischoPRO InfinityMember since 2005
try with:
"deck 1 effect 1 active"
"deck 2 effect 1 active"

it should work.

Posté Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 3:06 pm
Thanks Sischo, but that's what i mean i have to add (ON) after those commands in order to work.....but they just keep on active they do not stop or pause when i press it again.

I tried the loop function on those buttons to see if the mixer is the problem but they work perfect. I press the button... make a loop of 4 and press it again loop deactivates. But for some reason when i try to map them to the effect it does not deactivate....weird :o(

Posté Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 3:36 pm
Ok i think i've just found a bug or maybe not......lol

I can use (deck 1 effect 1 active) & (deck 2 effect 1 active) when i map it thru the keyboard....... no problems it activates and deactivates.

Now.... if i map it thru the mixer using those commands i have to add (ON) to the command so it can activate. But it will activate only it does not deactivate.

I mapped thru different buttons on the mixer and it does work (when i add ON to the command) but it only activates , when i map loops, samples or any other function thru the mixer it works perfect.

Any Ideas??

Posté Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 4:34 pm
The djm700 has some midi issues. You will need to use the midi tool on this site or midi ox or similar to see what the djm700 is sending. If you get spurious stuff inbetween, I am told an upgrade from Pioneer will fix it.

The other issue might be the definition file - are you just using the generic midi one? You might need to create a definition file for the djm700 to do what you want. Some buttons send different codes for off and on as well.

Posté Thu 27 Aug 09 @ 9:31 pm
djpr1 wrote :
Ok i think i've just found a bug or maybe not......lol

I can use (deck 1 effect 1 active) & (deck 2 effect 1 active) when i map it thru the keyboard....... no problems it activates and deactivates.

Now.... if i map it thru the mixer using those commands i have to add (ON) to the command so it can activate. But it will activate only it does not deactivate.

I mapped thru different buttons on the mixer and it does work (when i add ON to the command) but it only activates , when i map loops, samples or any other function thru the mixer it works perfect.

Any Ideas??

If you use:
deck 1 effect 1 active-> when you push once the button, it enables that effect, the next time it will disable that.

If you use:
deck 1 effect 1 active on-> each time you push the button, it enables that effect.

Anyhow, there is a bug for MIDI device (General MIDI) like yours which is going to be fixed in the 6.0.2 so you only need to wait for the release of the new version.

Posté Fri 28 Aug 09 @ 1:56 am
djpr1 try this NEW instruction with 6.0.2 version:
deck 1 effect 1 active void.

It should work.
Please, let me know the result.

Posté Sat 29 Aug 09 @ 7:43 am
Sischo you tha man bro............it works perfect!!!!

Thank You!!!

Posté Sat 29 Aug 09 @ 4:34 pm
the same with all the other functions; for example:
search void
deck 1 load void
etc

we are waiting for the settlement because this feature should work without "void"

Enjoy VDJ ;)

Posté Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 1:41 am
Strange thing happened last night @ the club....the effects were activating on their own. I did not touch anything, I got most of my keyboard shortcuts deleted so it can't be that. Weird!

Posté Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 11:36 am
could you deactive that effect by pushing the buttons you set in your mapping?

Posté Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 12:29 pm
Yeah they work as they should...push to activate then push again to deactivate.

But they were triggering them self.....of course i can deactivate right away but imagine in the middle of a mix to have for example the brake effect come on. Not good at all...

Posté Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 1:24 pm

Posté Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 2:57 pm
Will do thanks......

If I'm not mistaken I think I read somewhere in another thread about the effects activating them self.....I will have a look

Posté Sun 30 Aug 09 @ 3:28 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)