Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Total Control solution

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Hello,

I would like to have a total control solution for mobile video gigs. Currently I have 2x XP10 for mobile gigs but they are wearing out, also they dont replace mixer.

Total controller should replace controller, audiocard and mixer from my setup. So, i would only have to carry around a laptop, total controller and usb hard drive.

Total controller should have as many buttons and knobs as possible so that it would be easy to do audio/video effects, parameters, transisition etc in addition to normal deck controls. Touch-sensitive platter is not a-must, I don't scratch but still nice effect and would make the mobile setup look a bit more than bedroom solution. Headphones must have prelistening possibility, both cues and master. preferably headphone knob between these two, as usally seen on mixers.

I've been looking for Numark Total Control, M-Audio Torq Xponent, and now when VDJ 6.02 seems to support - vcl-300. NS7 is a bit too big to carry around.

* Numark Total Control probably work instantly well on VDJ but seem to look a but like a toy, also no touch-sensitive platter.
* Xponent seems to have most of the buttons and sliders, but built quality is not very good? How does it work currently on 6.02?
* vci-300 seems to be most professional, but still not much of extra buttons and knobs to control effects. How does it work currently on 6.02?
* other sugegstions?

BR,
Jaakko-

Posté Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 1:59 am
Take a look at Vesatx VCI-100 - it's like the VCI-300 but without Soundcard - but more buttons. I use mine with the AUdio 4 DJ from Native Instruments and this combination fixes all my needs.

Greetings, Heiko

P.S: You can upgrade the firmware to the V1.3 from DJTech Tools for more features and fixing some bugs of the original firmware.

Posté Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 8:30 am
sbangsPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Perhaps the Stealth or Omni Control would meet your needs they are similar to the Total Control but have a rugged metal construction.

The Omni Control features a soundcard for PFL and use with an amp or mixer.

The Stealth Control is designed to be used with your own soundcard or a usb soundcard such as the DJio.

Posté Tue 01 Sep 09 @ 10:26 am
jaakkoPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Omni Control looks promising... does it have any led lights on? If you trigger multiple effects, it is to remember what is on and off. How the jog wheels work. Apparently no touch-sensitive but can you easily make spinback effects with them?

How bout the mixer in these all-in-one controls? Are they just software mixers? If software fails, there is no way to keep music on?
How good is eq on VDJ nowadays? Last time I used it was back then to 3.4 and I did not like the eq quality compared to regular mixer eq.

Does anyone have xponent controller?

Posté Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 5:27 am
From the sounds of it, Total Control will not be a viable solution for you, as it does not have a built in soundcard or headphone jack.

Posté Wed 02 Sep 09 @ 9:14 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)