Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet questions about hercules rmx

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

hey everyone :D im planning to DJ for my homecoming dance for my high school. (why because 1. i can make the dance go crazy XD and 2. dj doesnt play that good music)
im planning to get the following....
1.laptop
2.external hard-drive for my music
3.Hercules RMX
4.Speakers
5.lighting and etc.

so i have a few questions.

can i connect speakers to RMX?
will it sound good?
do i need to have some type of wires to connect the speakers to RMX?

any other tips or advice will be great.
Thank you

~Jay

Posté Fri 11 Sep 09 @ 7:03 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
this may seem a little harsh but is probably the best advice, before you go "making everyone crazy with your music" you need to get the basics of djing correct first and i bet the other guy understands it, the best way for you is to go down to your local american audio or something similar store, be honest put your hands up and tell them you need a quick crash course in setting up a mobile show.

1] a physical demonstration of the gear will sink in a lot easier then text off the page.

2] being honest to the staff will let them help you a lot more in understanding the basics of the equipment and what you need for your set up.

3] hope you have a great night.

Posté Sat 12 Sep 09 @ 4:06 am
i understand dj-ing, i been dj-ing about yr and half with no set-up.(just keyboard and mouse)
i seen my friends set before and i seen tons of vids about setting up a good set up.
but yeah thanks for the advice i will do that.

but what about the questions? (i don't plan to buy a virtual vinyl, mixer, sound card, etc. till later on in the future) lol

Posté Sat 12 Sep 09 @ 6:40 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
speakers to rmx, yes if you are going powered, amp required if not and all require wires, not trying to brush you off but as i said before you really need to get down to a store and tell them what your looking for and needing,

when setting up allow plenty of time before a show no good going in thinking it only takes x amount of time to set the rig you never no when a gremlin will strike and always try and carry a minimum of two of everything if not three of cables for each connection you make, have a back up of some sort ie: cd player etc just in case your lappy goes down as well, spare mic if you use one, i carry three for the "just in case" scenario two wireless and one hard wired.

but in the beginning it all comes down to budget, get the essentials first then think about increasing your rig as the bookings come in, best of luck to you.

Posté Sat 12 Sep 09 @ 6:59 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)