Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet New user - some questions

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

vboldPRO InfinityMember since 2009
hey,

new user here. I've just gotten my RMX and the latest version of tracktor pro :-) Great forum guys, keep it up, some good reading here. I'm up and running thanks to everything i've read so far but I've a few questions to help me get to stage 2.

Running 1 Gig of Ram, Intel pentium processor 1.7GHz, but prob not the best laptop in the world, 3 years old. Running the latest 6.0.2 pro and RMX on the latest version with XP.

I have set up the config as best as possible with on overlock and no safe mode but I found that when I reduced the latency in the ASIO card of the RMX to 10ms and that solved many of the sound issues I had when I set up first (popping very poor sound quality etc).

So now what I have a few issues with is clipping and a few odd sound changes. I have a few tracks (all bought from beatport) which when played seem to effect the output mix sound volume. It's like a get a sharp decrease in volume and tone. I use the auto gain and remember function.

Next, is that I seem to be getting a bit of clipping and in general the sound quality is not very good (clear). In general the mixes i've put together just sound a bit fuzzy. I do in-headphone mix's (for practice) I did the same previously with AnotherSW which I found to be much better but I'd like to give Vdj as best a shot as possible before I'm forced to switch or anything drastic like that. So really i'd just like to get the mix output as clear as when I play the individual track through media monkey or itunes.

I was using another dj program previously on the same laptop which gave great sound without having to use any external programs to reset volumes etc. Any ideas? I use the auto gain and remember function.

Also I am hitting full CPU when I load a track. I've killed off as many programs as possible, turned off wifi etc, is there else I should do or just live with it, it doesn't seem to effect Vdj much but I do get the odd sound or sometimes the pitch bends a little. It's probably more to do with the horses in the PC than the controller or Vdj right

Also, I have a MAC book (well the wife does) it's only a year old or so and doesn't have much running on it. Anyone any experience on whether there would be a sound performance from a MAC as opposed to windows?

Is there any program which could monitor the output from the sound card/speakers or whatever which would show the sound output of the EQ's so it would be possible to adjust if you see something peaking etc. The only indication you get is the volume bar which doesn't really tell you anything - is there an advanced setting for it?

ta

Posté Fri 23 Oct 09 @ 4:32 am
vboldPRO InfinityMember since 2009
bump

Posté Tue 27 Oct 09 @ 8:45 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)