Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Sound Hum Connecting Hercules RMX to External Mixer

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

kochaneHome userMember since 2009
Just got my Hercules RMX which came with a trial of Virtual DJ and I love it, however, I do prefer to control my decks with my current mixer and use the RMX for digital mixing.

I hooked up the RMX to the line in of my mixer and the sound was really low even after playing around with the gain on the RMX and settings on the PC. I had to turn the gain all the way up on the RMX and got a really annoying hum as a result (I assume because of the bus power)?

Is there anything I am doing wrong (would I need to ground it) or does anyone else have a similar problem?

Thanks for any advice as would really like to have it set up this way if possible!

Posté Thu 29 Oct 09 @ 7:57 pm
DJmgaPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Regarding the low sound, are you connecting to a powered mixer or are you connecting to active speakers?

I need to use a ground-loop isolator between the rmx and mixer inputs (in fact, because I'm using an external mixer to control both decks, I need two ground-loop isolators for channels 1&2 and 3&4), if my laptop is running on AC. (If disconnecting a laptop from AC and running on battery only removes the hum, this is usually a good test to determine if your laptop is inducing a ground loop).

I've tried connecting a rack-mounted VU meter and rack-mounted LED lights to the same power point as my rack/mixer and I re-introduce some hum. It's simply down to the crappy transformers on the VU meter and LED light. I now keep those on a different power point, to eliminate the problem.

Posté Thu 29 Oct 09 @ 8:35 pm
Are you using/connecting a screen to your computer

Posté Fri 30 Oct 09 @ 4:18 am
Yep it is direct to a powered mixer and I have a screen plugged into my pc so I can still use VDJ - I must admit I had not thought about grounding issues and have never used those grounding leads (aside from connecting the decks in any case) - what channel would I need to plug them into?

Posté Fri 30 Oct 09 @ 12:06 pm
If you disconnect the screen from your PC your system might stop buzzing, I had this once! sounds like you just need a suppressor. Usually just put in-line on the phono leads between the rmx and mixer, no channels on these devices.

Posté Fri 30 Oct 09 @ 12:45 pm
Thanks for your reply - I will see if I can pick up a ground loop isolator (I assume that is the suppressor you mean?) this weekend and see if it does the job - not sure I want to disconnect the screen as I will not be able to see what tunes I will be lining up!

Posté Fri 30 Oct 09 @ 2:48 pm
Yeah ground loop thing,

Posté Sat 31 Oct 09 @ 9:31 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)