Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet ground loop isolators

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Finally got my second ground loop isolator. Radio shack was out of them.
My question is where do i plug them in, seems im gonna need a female to go into the male or vice versa..
Do i go straight from my mixer to the sound card, turntalbe to soundcard?
I do have the faint sound of the TCV whistle coming from my system when I have nothing playing... or when a song reduces to almost no sound..-- very evident-
Do u guys think this will reduce that noise. or does everyone have the same whistle sound?
Thanks!!

Posté Thu 05 May 05 @ 5:06 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Go from the Sound Card outputs to the Line Inputs of your mixer - this is where the isolation usually needs to take place.

This is the configuration I use and I have never had the whistle sound from the TTs.

cstoll

Posté Thu 05 May 05 @ 8:01 pm
thanks.. ill get on it tonight.
appreciate the kind info.

Posté Thu 05 May 05 @ 8:11 pm
you may find the whistle noise stays, but not through your speakers, it's actually coming from the deck itself. play a record with a lot of hihats, turn your speakers down, and you'll most likely hear it coming from that too

Posté Mon 09 May 05 @ 6:37 pm
well installed the ground loop isolators... Happy to report no buzz, no whistle, no hum- just clear music- thanks cstoll!!! u da man!

Posté Mon 09 May 05 @ 8:48 pm
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
no problem, dirty little trick an old school sound engineer taught me.

I don't do any gig without a couple different methods at my disposal for out-of-phase / grounding issues.

glad it helped!

cstoll

Posté Tue 10 May 05 @ 3:00 am
I know that this is an old topic, however, I was wondering whether you, Kiteman, had any signal before getting the ground loop isolators? I can't seem to get a signal at all. My setup is described in the link below. I'll try the suggested placement of the isolators; I was using them between the phono output of the TT and the Y splitters I was using to split to the Phono inputs of the mixer and the analog inputs of the Maya. So, if I understand correctly, I need to move that to the output from the maya to the line input of the mixer? Thanks in advance.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=13509

Posté Wed 22 Jun 05 @ 4:35 am
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
"So, if I understand correctly, I need to move that to the output from the maya to the line input of the mixer?"

Yes, you understood correctly. If you connect them between TTs and Maya you'll never got full signal because GLI cut frequences of TC signal.

Dj Nikki

Posté Wed 22 Jun 05 @ 12:23 pm
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
So the same with Y splitters, if you have bad TC signal try to connect the turntables directly to the maya without the splitters.

Posté Wed 22 Jun 05 @ 1:20 pm
dman69Home userMember since 2005

Posté Wed 30 Nov 05 @ 4:09 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)