Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet VIDEO LOADING VERY SLOW

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

WHEN I OPEN VDJ6.0.4 VIDEO FILES LOAD FAST AFTER AWHILE WHEN LOADING A DIFFERENT VIDEO IT LOAD VERY SLOW; ALSO SOMETIMES VIDEO PLAYING FREEZS IF I GO BACK ON SONG VIDEO CONTINUES PLAY NORMAL FOR AWHILE THE VIDEO HANGS UP AGAIN
MY LAPTOP IS A DELL XPS16 DUAL CORE
T9900
4MEG OF DDR3 AT 1067MHZ
ATI MOBILITY RADEON HD 4670 1 GB VIDEO CARD
500 GB HD
RUNNING WINDOWS 7 64 BIT OPERATING SYSTEM

APPRECIATE ANY HELP TRYING TO FIGUERE ISSUE **** I NOTICED WHEN THIS HAPPENS MY CPU USAGE IS VERY LOW LIKE CPU
WENT TO SLEEP OR TOOK A LUNCH BREAK
THANK YOU FOR YOU HELP AND INPUT

Posté Fri 11 Dec 09 @ 7:22 pm
What format are your video files in ?

i am currently running the same card in a desktop.

i was also having trouble with it at first.

make sure your video card drivers are upto date.

also your version of direct x.

i also found with this card it worked better if i also installed directx 9c aswell this will run quite well along side the llatest direct x.

i hope this helps

Posté Tue 15 Dec 09 @ 6:10 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
think we been here before but would you mind cancelling your caps.

it's usually the button that says caps lock to the left on your keyboard, press it and you get little writing like the rest of us, everyone else can find it.

Posté Tue 15 Dec 09 @ 8:52 pm
thanks for your vip support tayla THANXXXX

Posté Wed 16 Dec 09 @ 7:01 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
if i had an answer i would have replied.

Posté Wed 16 Dec 09 @ 7:11 am
not sure if this helps but do you ever hear your fan kick in, if not your cpu is overheating and will slow your system to a crawl!

Posté Wed 16 Dec 09 @ 6:02 pm
appreciate your help.. did some more troubleshooting i noticed that when i play videos ripped at 480 x 360 at .avi -- .mp4
files ranging from 62.3mb to 100mb video never freezed...
it only freezes when i play files ripped to 624 x 338 or higher with files sizes averaging from 50.mb-100mb
also notice latency is always green meaning no issue running sluggish or spikes , i even had effects running on backgrown with both deck also playing vids no freezing at all.....in conclusion dont know why it freezes at 620 x 360 vid size on one deck while both decks are playing , other solution would be away to lower mp4 to to 480 x 360 anyone knows of any software that will shrink vid
again ***thank you*** for your help and input

Posté Wed 16 Dec 09 @ 8:00 pm
Convert one video to mpg2 and see if that plays flawlessly. If it does then that might be your best format with that video card.

Posté Thu 17 Dec 09 @ 11:26 am
ILL GIVE MPG2 A TRY....WILL POST MY RESULTS

Posté Thu 17 Dec 09 @ 5:02 pm
Go into your Catalyst Control Center and go to the overclock options and see if there is a fan speed adjustment, if so boost that thing up, i run mine at about 70%. AND PLEASE turn off your caps man!!

Posté Thu 17 Dec 09 @ 5:30 pm
sorry about caps bad habit ...no fan speed settings also turned tried turning v synnc and triple buffering off same effect vids 620 x 380 one off vid pauses ...videos at 480 x 360 with same amound off mega bits doesnt freez

Posté Thu 17 Dec 09 @ 7:36 pm
What do you have your output resolution at?? I run 720x480.

Posté Thu 17 Dec 09 @ 11:04 pm
maybe thats were is at resolution issue heres my set up
main laptop monitor running at 1600 x 900 32bit color and 60hz refresh
second monitor output is 1200 x 700 32bit color and 60 hz refresh
ill try 720 x 400 output what should i set my main laptop monitor for is 1600 x 900 now
appreciate the help

Posté Sat 19 Dec 09 @ 7:45 am
You can keep the main screen the same. Try 720X480 if you have it, if not 800x600 on the external display.

Posté Sat 19 Dec 09 @ 5:33 pm
tried setting of 720x400 and 899x600 same effect..maybe i need more ram or a beer.

Posté Sat 19 Dec 09 @ 7:07 pm
dom1410PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Had same problem tonight during a gig.... My laptop has plenty of power 4gb ram with Nvidia 9600GT with 1GB of dedicated ram. After about 4hrs or running it starts to slow load and if the song catches up to the beat grid it locks up. Laptop isn't overheating and it doesn't appear to be external hard drive problem as I downloaded some videos on my internal and same problem. If I restart laptop everything starts to work again, thank god I had my Iphone loaded with music for a backup. If a Admin or VDJ Pro could help it would be greatly appreciated as a crash during a gig is kind of a downer......

Posté Sun 20 Dec 09 @ 1:57 am

Posté Mon 21 Dec 09 @ 1:45 pm
dom1410PRO InfinityMember since 2007
Do you connect all USB's into the laptop cooler or one into laptop on into laptop cooler? I don't think this is the problem, as my unit really doesn't get much hotter then normal operating conditions. However, I guess having a cooler running lappy isn't a bad thing.

Posté Mon 21 Dec 09 @ 2:06 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)