Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet DMC 2 Pitch Issues

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

djianlPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Hi

I'm hoping someone can help me with my DMC 2!

If I click sync to match a song why oh why if I move the pitch fader slightly does it suddenly adjust the pitch to the position of the fader??!

Imagine the scene....

DECK 1 - 131bpm and I'm mixing in the track on DECK 2 which is only 127 so I press SYNC button and it locks it to 131, but the actual pitch slider doesn't move it stays at the 0% position.

Then once I've mixed the track on DECK 2 in I load another track to DECK 1 but decide I want to adjust the pitch slightly on the 2nd DECK first... it's impossible to do because as soon as I touch the pitch fader it jumps back to 0% and sounds awful!

On the old VDJ 5 this wasn't a problem as I used the DMC 2 Mapper which meant u had to move the fader to the actual pitch position (lets say 5%) before it locked back on and let u adjust it.

This is a very annoying problem, is there a work around?

Posté Wed 23 Dec 09 @ 9:09 am
apopsisdjPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
You know when you use the software sync (as i do) and have external pitch slider, (dmc2) you are always off, an offset created everytime you hit the sync button.
My best advice is to edit the dmc2 mapper and replace the "pitch_slider" command with "pitch_relative"
This way you will still have the offset everytime you use the sync but the pitch slider will smoothly work in relative and not jump.
You can easily correct the offset when you need it by reseting the dmc slider and assigning a pitch_reset command in your keyboard or dmc2.
That's what i do. Sometimes i don't bother to reset either, i just take a look at the screen to check the real pitch %

Hope this help.

Posté Wed 23 Dec 09 @ 11:26 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)