Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Virtual DJ DJC crashes at Initializing external devices

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I received Virtual DJ DJC with the Hercules MP3 E2.
I have a windows vista SP1, 2gb RAM, 2.2gHZ dual core procssor, Realtek HD audio, Ati Radeon HD2400 sound card.
I installed the drivers for the MP3 DJ e2 and then installes VDJ however when i run the program it freezes at "initializing external devices" then tells me there has been a fatal error. If i press recover the crash window just comes back again. I have re installed the software and updated to the latest drivers but the problem is still there. This happens whether the MP3DJ e2 is plugged in or not. This is the error code :

Crash ID=73d259d5 (date=912250840, version=1.0.2 DJCEdition MP3e2, build=602, thread=Main, dump=ff71408d, excode=c0000005 (0,40))
Crash ID=73d259d5 (date=912250841, version=1.0.2 DJCEdition MP3e2, build=602, thread=Main, dump=ff71408d, excode=c0000005 (0,40))
Crash ID=73d259d5 (date=912250841, version=1.0.2 DJCEdition MP3e2, build=602, thread=Main, dump=ff71408d, excode=c0000005 (0,40))

Thankyou in advance
Mike

Posté Fri 25 Dec 09 @ 7:56 pm

Posté Sat 26 Dec 09 @ 3:26 am
Yeah i have now and this still hasnt helped . Is there anymore information you need ?

Posté Sat 26 Dec 09 @ 6:35 am
Make sure that you have the latest audio drivers from Realtek www.realtek.com.tw

If you are attaching via a USB hub, please make sure that it is a powered hub.

Once you have registered your product, was there any updates in the download section of virtualDJ, if so the update to the current version that it will allow.

Posté Sat 26 Dec 09 @ 7:32 am
Updated it to the newest version and i already have the latest sound drivers still nothing !

Posté Sat 26 Dec 09 @ 8:10 am
If it's stopping at "Initilaizing external devices"; something isn't right in your device definition or mapper.

Have you changed midi controllers?
Changed device def or mappers?
have you tinkered with the mapper?
Is there a conflicting mapper in the mappers folder?

just some thoughts here, but i would try to get a known good copy of my device def and mapper. Then I would remove all extra files from those folders, that includes general mapping, put in my new def and mapper, and see if it works.

Posté Sat 26 Dec 09 @ 9:00 am
My device and mappers folders are empty ! so theres been no tinkering with them. Should there then be something in there or should that be installed with the drivers because the drivers are installed.

Posté Sat 26 Dec 09 @ 9:18 am
Is the device listed in the Device Manager?
Does it have a yellow exclaimation mark by it,
If it has, high light it and un-instal the device, remove the the software from Add remove programs, unplug the device. restart the laptop/pc, re-install the drivers, and then when done, re-start again (just to make sure) then plug the device back in, let windows sort it self out, then try VDJ

Posté Sat 26 Dec 09 @ 9:51 am
It is listed but there is no yellow exclamation mark. What settings should my soundcard bet set at for first run stereo or quadrophonic i have up to 7.1 surround but are there problems with running the program like that ?

Posté Sat 26 Dec 09 @ 9:53 am
It should not matter, but I dont have that onboard sound card.

Have you just purchsed this for crimbo? if you have you will not have much settings if any so:-

Try un-installing Virtual DJ, Then go to my computer, and remove or rename the VirtualDJ folder, (restart Laptop/Pc). Install the latest version of VDJ you can from the download section of VirtualDj, and enter you code.

MAKE SURE YOU INSTALL WITH ADMINISTRATOR RIGHTS, ALSO INSTALL WITH ANTI VIRUS TURNED OFF.
ONCE INSTALLED RE-ACTIVATE ANTI-VIRUS (this is not shouting, just empahasizing)

See if that helps?

Once you get it running, setting your sound up, is a matter of going into Sound Setup in Virtual DJ, and configure accordingly, the manual should have some good guides for this,

Posté Sat 26 Dec 09 @ 10:04 am
Something has changed , if i plug my headphones into the front jack the program will run however then no sound comes out of anything else. So it must have something do do with my sound card.

Posté Sat 26 Dec 09 @ 10:33 am
SO the application is running then?

What you need to do is go into the Sound Setup of Virtual DJ

And set the output to headphones and speakers
set sound card to HDAudio, you can now tell VDJ to output front output for speakers, and rear to headphones, so plug your speakers in the front port of the soundcard (green), and the headphones into rear output of soundcard (black) .

Hope that helps

Gotta go shortly to do gig

Posté Sat 26 Dec 09 @ 10:57 am
Ive tried this but it hasnt helped. It is something to do with the fact there is headphone audio in the front of my PC but the speaker out is in the back however both slots are green. So do you know how to disable the front sound inputs

Posté Sun 27 Dec 09 @ 5:58 am
Do you have Pro tools by any chance? I've noticed when i have pro tools 8 le on my computer, VD freezes at initializing external devices.

Posté Fri 01 Nov 13 @ 12:37 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)