Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet recording mix problems

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

hi there!

i'm newly trying to use virtual dj. apparently, i encountered the same skipping problems. however, that problem was resolved. as of now, i'm trying to record a 1 hour mix. as i finished recording. i tried playing the 1 hour mix i did using winamp 5.0. unfortunately, when i was playing the 1 hour mix in winamp, the 1 hour mix only registered 22minutes. and as the mix was starting to play, the first song of the mix was skipping tremendously.

i'm using an ecs a907 desknote 533mhz processor, 256mb ram, partitioned 30gig hard drive with 3gig on drive c and 27gig on drive d and im running win xp pro.

by the way, i've tried using mixvibes, also. but then, i'm having hard time adjusting the gain control. unlike with virtual dj which has a real time auto gain control. moreover, i have to record the mix i did with a separate recorder, like jet audio. when i do record my mix with jet audio, the entire mix runs fine, except for the irregular "gain."

i have also used alcatech bpm-studio. since this software has an auto gain control, like virtual dj. but every time i try mixing sometimes the incoming song would suddenly stop, for no reason at all.

presently, i'm really attached with virtual dj, with its awesome interface and realtime scratching effects. and most of all, with its responsive technical support.

as of now, i have 1.07gig free space on my drive d, this is where i store my mix and my mp3.

and also, i'm from the philippines and its too heavy on the budget to keep on upgrading and buying equipment, with virtual dj's responsive technical support, i know there's still a tweak out there i could use.

furtherrmore, i'm a frustrated dj because I'm in a wheelchair. By way of information, I am Dodit del Rosario, 33 years old. My musical journey started during the eighties, the new wave era, the period where mobile disco reigned supreme. In the mid nineties, I tried to audition at Equinox disco here in the philippines. Unfortunately, I was not allowed to audition, because I was in wheelchair. As I was starting, I was using cassette tapes in mixing. Since vinyl records were a bit costly, at that time around mid eighties. I know its kinda hard to mix with cassette tapes. On the other hand, with my desire to become a dj, I had to use whatever resources I have. When new wave music subsided mid nineties I stopped for awhile. Because of the Equinox incident. However, when mp3s were introduced 2000, I resumed again collecting music.This time I'm no longer cassette tapes, vinyls, or cds. Presently I'm using my ECS laptop in mixing.

apparently i thought music was only a past time or a hobby. but when i saw that a deejay school will be opening here in the philippines. i took that chance.

at this point, i'm doing more research on what's the best dj mixing software. probably i found it. perhaps like my attitude, i have to use every means i can use to improve myself.
anyhow, i would like to try recording in wav format. but then i seemed to be lost. since i cannot record my mix in wav format. yes i know by changing the file type in the rec tab would automatically change the file format. however i seem to have locked the file type into mp3 and i could not get it back into wav format.

when i first installed virtual dj. i could save my mix in wav format. i tried saving my mix in mp3 format. so in a way i could save disk space. as of now i could no longer change the file type in the rec tab. it now remains as mp3 format.

i tried reinstalling virtual dj and even deleting the virtual dj folder from the program files. still i couldnt change the file type.

apparently, i have been trying to fix my virtual dj, these past few days. but i can't find my way out.

is there any solutions to this? i can't do a system restore. since dj coco indicated that doing this contributes to the skipping problems. presently, i've turned off my system restore.

currently, im thinking reformatting my hard drive, do you think this is my last option.

anyway thats all for now.

and i hope to hear from you

Posté Thu 12 May 05 @ 8:13 am
Well first of all I would like to welcome you to the community.

what version of VDJ are you using?

and the specs you've mentioned do not meet the minium requirements for VDJ 2.X

Here are the minimum specs required

PIII-850MHz
384MB Ram
Any 16bit soundcard will do just fine
DirectX 9.0C (highly recommended)

The skipping you are getting would be a result of low memory (256MB) I would recommend upgrading to at least 512MB for a decent performance. I believe the Demo does not have full recording access so that might be why you are only getting part of the recording time.

I have no trouble recording with the full version and I don't think anyone else with the full version has that issue either. Maybe someone from support can help you out on that better.

Best Regards

DJ White Devil

Posté Thu 12 May 05 @ 2:52 pm
BarglerPRO InfinityMember since 2004
My first guess is that your computer is choking under the workload. You are asking an awful lot from such little ram and a 500mhz processor.

Posté Thu 12 May 05 @ 8:36 pm
dj endzHome userMember since 2010
I HAVE A PROBLEM RECORDING. WHEN PRESS RECORD IT TELLS ME RECORD ERROR CANT OPEN MP3 ENCODER

Posté Mon 18 Jan 10 @ 1:26 pm
As far as your 1 hour mix being 22 minutes, try renaming it. I did the same thing, had a 18 minute mix that I used when I run to the bathroom, forgot to rename it from the first time i tried to make the mix (which was only 3 minutes long) and you can guess what happened as I stand in line at the bathroom and the music shuts off

Posté Wed 12 May 10 @ 11:52 am
3 palosPRO InfinityMember since 2009
why i cant record mp3 just wava

Posté Tue 01 Mar 11 @ 7:22 pm
madziHome userMember since 2011
hie vdj community. i recently got vdj 5.0 i must say im enjoying playing friendly matches with the software.. BUT im failing to figure out just HOW TO RECORD A SESSION any ideas?????

Posté Sun 06 Mar 11 @ 5:09 am
Seana23PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Lots ov threads here. But the answer to the last question is... look for the "REC" tab, (depending on the skin your using, its either at the top Right corner ov the screen or somewhere else, ususally on the Right Hand Side somewhere...
Click the "REC" tab, then click "Start Recording" and away you go.

The answer to the last-but-one question is that it records WAV files as a default but you can download a Free, neat WAV to MP3 converter that will do the job nicely. (i have a Windows version that works fine and can be converted to anything from 92KBPS all the way up to 320KBPS.

And Dodit... what version ov VDJ are you using... sounds like VDJ Home... This is a very basic version and may not let you record a long set... Try buying the LE version or buy a controller like an RMX or MK2 and you'll get ther software for free...

Hope that helps some.

XXXSeanaXXX

Posté Sun 06 Mar 11 @ 5:49 am
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
hi, heres my 12quid

sometimes, not often both winamp and media player do not fully register the time frame of your recording. just allow it to play and it will play to the end.

the reason you cant record as mp3 s because you need the lame_enc.dll encoder located here

http://www.dll-files.com/pop.php?dll=lame_enc

download it, unzip and paste the lame_enc.dll file into your plugins section located at

documents>VirtualDJ>Plugins

once you have dropped the .dll into this file, open up VDJ and goto the record tab,

make sure RECORD AUDIO is selected on the left.

now goto the config above the START RECORDING button

under the format section, select mp3.

where it says ENCODER , this should say "C:\Users\John\Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins\lame_enc.dll" obv without my user name.

if it doesnt, use the button at the end of the box to browse to the plugins folder and select the lame_enc.dll

select your bitrate, mines at 192k but its up to you what you have.

hit ok and close down vdj.

restart vdj and check it records in .mp3

thats it you should be all working.

hope this helps

john

Posté Mon 07 Mar 11 @ 12:48 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
@djendz see my above post for problem fix

Posté Mon 07 Mar 11 @ 1:24 pm
how do you fix the audio recorded on virtual dj i got the new version . its said cant open encoder. how do i fix it

Posté Sun 13 Nov 11 @ 6:21 pm
HELP! D:

When I record a mix with Virtual DJ LE the mix records but when I play the recording there is no sound ..its like the mix is on mute .. how do I fix this?

Posté Sun 26 May 13 @ 5:32 pm
hello everyone
I have been trying to record mix on virtual dj home free but the sound scratch a lot while recording and when i listen to it it does not sound right . what can i do to fix it???

Posté Sat 16 Nov 13 @ 3:43 am
my problem is i cannot record my samplers.When i play i can hear them but if i record them with music all i kget is thje music but no samplers>Can you please help?

Posté Mon 24 Feb 14 @ 6:39 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
just try to record the master out signal....

Posté Fri 07 Mar 14 @ 9:48 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)