Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet New laptop for video

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hey all, I need to get a new laptop and before I go and spend any money or make countless trips back and forth to the computer store or spend a lot of time here in the forums trying to find out how to fix compatibility issues between a controller like the RMX and Windows 7 I thought I would pose the question to all the experts out there.

So far I have been looking at Sony VAIO with Windows 7 Home Premium
Pentium Dual Core Processors
4 GB RAM
512 MB Video Card expandable to 2 Gb

The latest version of Virtual DJ 6.0 or later
I would like to use the RMX I have one but I have had issues with it, had to make firmware updates, still get popping and crackling noises, etc

So I thought I would ask the experts:

Bottomline: This is what I want to do:
1.) Video
2.) Visual Efects
3.) Mix and Scratch Video
4.) Audio Effects
5.) Be able to mix MP3 into Video files and vice versa
6.) I need a suggestion for a controller ( please whatever your suggestion I need a controller that I can load the drivers, fire up vdj and start rocking, please don't gimme a suggestion for a controller that I have to update drivers over and over again to make it work with vdj and windows 7)
7.) I need to be able to include text over the video where I can adjust the font change the font you name it
8.)Lastly, as I said I have been looking online for a superstable Laptop that will meet all of my video and audio performance needs for the next 3 years, so far I am thinking of the Sony VAIO.

Major league props to everybody who takes the time to put in on this! It is much appreciated you have no idea how much time you have saved me by hooking me up with good information.

Posté Tue 02 Feb 10 @ 12:45 pm
DJJAMMPRO InfinityMember since 2005
please be very careful when buying a notebook for video djing, all the new windows 7 notebooks with nvida and ati cards do not run video windows 7 64bit without freeze issues...- if you run video like i do which im at 95percent all video all night.. you will be in hell plleaasse read the video freeze issue in general forum

Sincerely
DJ JAMM

Posté Tue 02 Feb 10 @ 4:30 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)