Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet pc to mac

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

dj bk1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
hi,
3 questions -

1) whats the most seamless way to convert from pc to mac... that is, i want to keep all my que points, virtual folders, keyboard shortcuts and if possible bring my history folders over so that i may use them normally onto the new macpro

2) y is cpu usage so high? when no other programs r running and its just sitting idle its at like 30, 40% and goes up to like 70.. but when i run ableton simultaneously its says im only at 1 or 2%.. maybe the visual is screwed.. that being said.. there is a lag when i throw a track onto a deck or search... ive added a pic below to show this

3) has anyone used the native instruments audio 8 dj soundcard with a mac.. does it work well?

thnks

Posté Mon 26 Apr 10 @ 5:17 am
You can convert the windows database by editing the XML to point to the new file locations. You can use wordpad on windows to find and replace "C:\Music\" to "/music/" on the mac and it will work fine. You can also copy your playlists, previous gigs and mapping files across and they will work as normal. CPU usage isn't an issue at all, I have the 17" Macbook Pro and also the Quadcore MacPro desktop and both of them run VDJ around the 30 to 40 percent mark with no ill effects. Also bear in mind VDJ for mac is a conversion of the Windows version and is still work in progress although it's working fine for me audio only. Some skins aren't coded for mac so you will need to bring them across and modify the XML's in some cases to change font names etc. but generally most should work .

Posté Mon 26 Apr 10 @ 5:34 am
dj bk1PRO InfinityMember since 2006
kradcliffe wrote :
You can convert the windows database by editing the XML to point to the new file locations. You can use wordpad on windows to find and replace "C:\Music\" to "/music/" on the mac and it will work fine. .

thank you for your response but can you pls elaborate on this part.. i understand the logic behind what your saying (that is, it makes sense to point to new file locations) but im a bit lost and do not know where to start...

heres the situation:

on my pc half my music is on the computer's harddrive (c: drive) and the other half is on an external hd.. i assume everything needs to go onto the external, and im sure i should do it internally, through vdj so it changes the directories, but what else needs to happen? i know theres alot of info saved in the c:\my documents\virtual dj.. do i just need to copy that over? where does wordpad come in?

sry if ive confused the issue further. ur help is greatly appreciated

Posté Mon 26 Apr 10 @ 6:01 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)