Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet [NEW] VirtualDJ 6.1 - Page: 4

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

OK, am now a premium member, You Tube still works, am guessing that the audio selections with the green checkmark are the the Grooveshark??

Posté Wed 26 May 10 @ 12:26 am
srvo72woof wrote :
OK, am now a premium member, You Tube still works, am guessing that the audio selections with the green checkmark are the the Grooveshark??

You would be guessing right.

Huey

Posté Wed 26 May 10 @ 1:43 am
Huey, actually that's wrong.

If you are subscribed as a premium member. ALL audio files are from Grooveshark. The green tick inicates that the files are of good quality as they are supplied by the record label themselves.

Hope that helps.

Posté Wed 26 May 10 @ 4:36 am
haz0rdPRO InfinityMember since 2006
djtouchdan wrote :
djqwikcut wrote :
I dont think anyone understands what I want to do...

When you use netsearch.. the cached songs are stored on the C: drive.. that is the internal drive of the laptop. my USB drive is f:

I want to be able to store the cached files on the F: drive.... WHY, because if the main laptop goes down, I can move the USB drive to another laptop and go on with the show.. HOWEVER all the cached songs are on the C: drive of the other PC which doesnt help any...

I think what you are asking is that your Netsearch cache is saved to F: - by default. This is not possible.

As suggested though you can copy them to your USB drive and then use them on another machine.

you can mount a usb drive to that folder it will trick the app into storing it on your usb drive.

Posté Wed 26 May 10 @ 1:26 pm
sure i can do that but in the middle of an EVENT all I want to have t do is move the USB drive to the other computer if one goes down... I could be downloading during the event as well...

Posté Wed 26 May 10 @ 1:29 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
cstoll wrote :
By default the 'hard coded' location of the Cached files are to the Documents\VirtualDJ\Cache folder.

You can then copy or move the files to any folder or drive of choice. However, the re-authorization of the files still must be done on a regular basis without regard to where the files are located.

So, for example; I keep a copy of my cached files on an external drive and before I leave to do a gig, I reauthorize my local Cache folder then copy the files to my external drive folder. That way I know they are good for that night.

Hi djqwikcut

cstoll has given you the answer.

Joey...

Posté Wed 26 May 10 @ 4:22 pm
@djqwikcut, I'm certain there's freeware or shareware out there that can perform real time shadow copies of files/folders. That way as a new file is created or changed you can make a copy of it to your thumb drive.

At work I developed a system that needed to trigger events when a new file was created so I use software called "WatchDirectory". It's not free but it supports all windows "file" events such as new, change, delete and then triggers and event/process.

For yourself, this would be when a file is created (New download) or changed (renewed in cache) you could copy the file to your thumb drive.

You would then a simple windows script or batch file on the desktop of your other machine that would copy the files from the thumb drive to the cache folder - I'm sure you could play from your library while the copy is ongoing...

Cheers,

Roy

Posté Thu 27 May 10 @ 3:42 am
b1shopPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Not to knock it but this seems like a hassle by having to reauthorize files etc... This reminds me of Microsoft's WMA that didn't do well at all do to it's DRM (Digital Rights Management). I honestly believe it's better to be on some online record pools where you have subscriptions and can search them then download and KEEP the file you request. If you're online anyway so why not do it that way? 8thwonder/VideoToolz is great and that's just one of the many out there. It sounds like NetSearch might have a broader search base though as it resembles the TouchTunes Juke Box system a little bit in how it operates. I'll watch the forums and see how people like it before I commit myself. Although, I hate hooking my DJ laptop to the internet as that is asking to receive a virus at a GIG. Say that happens then what do you do? I've seen it happen to others and it wasn't pretty. I might get one of the clubs I work in to purchase it as their pc is stationary so no need to reauthorize files. Any thoughts? It is a feature you can use or not use regardless the software is still great. Thanks Atmoix for making a great piece a software which you are always trying hard to improve upon.

Posté Thu 27 May 10 @ 9:37 am
b1shop wrote :
Not to knock it but this seems like a hassle by having to reauthorize files etc...

Not much of a hassle given the low monthly price

b1shop wrote :
I honestly believe it's better to be on some online record pools where you have subscriptions and can search them then download and KEEP the file you request.

Yes, but someone could get a month's subscription, download thousands of songs then unsubscribe. That's not good business.

b1shop wrote :
I'll watch the forums and see how people like it before I commit myself.

Me too, but since I've just left my gig I probably won't ever DJ again

b1shop wrote :
I hate hooking my DJ laptop to the internet as that is asking to receive a virus at a GIG. Say that happens then what do you do? I've seen it happen to others and it wasn't pretty.

Just use the connection for Netsearch and keep off the web. XP Sp3 onwards has a decent enough firewall anyway, and you can install AVG free which would be a decent enough barrier.

b1shop wrote :
I might get one of the clubs I work in to purchase it as their pc is stationary so no need to reauthorize files. Any thoughts?

You need to reauthorise every 30 days whether the PC is stationary or not.

Posté Thu 27 May 10 @ 10:02 am
cstoll wrote :
By default the 'hard coded' location of the Cached files are to the Documents\VirtualDJ\Cache folder.

You can then copy or move the files to any folder or drive of choice. However, the re-authorization of the files still must be done on a regular basis without regard to where the files are located.

So, for example; I keep a copy of my cached files on an external drive and before I leave to do a gig, I reauthorize my local Cache folder then copy the files to my external drive folder. That way I know they are good for that night.

Hi djqwikcut

cstoll has given you the answer.

Joey...

WHen do you do DURING an EVENT.. lets say you are using the online service and have CACHED a few songs... now the laptop goes down and you want to switch to backup.. NOW, I am on the new laptop and the event is going on .. I now need the songs in my cache. WHAT do I do? I cant copy DURING an ewent.. of course I can re-download them again..

Everyone keeps saying to copy them BUT during an event that isnt practical...

Posté Thu 27 May 10 @ 11:28 am
duttoa1PRO InfinityMember since 2009
As I think farhanashraf :so if i really dont use netsearch, its kinda pointless to upgrade from 6.0.8 to 6.1?

Posté Thu 27 May 10 @ 11:51 am
speaking of netsearch.. HOW does the song suggestion thing work?? It suggested to me some songs during the event? is that computer generated or is someone typing that in?

Posté Thu 27 May 10 @ 11:53 am
cstollPRO InfinityMember since 2004
djqwikcut wrote :

Only if you are in that big of a bind then you didn't prepare well enough to do your event. Sorry, to sound blunt like that - but it is the reality of what you are asking -- and even more so since you already answered your own dilemma ...

djqwikcut wrote :
of course I can re-download them again..

But, then again; I don't have problems copying files on my systems when running VirtualDJ at a gig ... so for me, I would make a copy of the files IF I downloaded one during a gig.

duttoa1 wrote :
As I think farhanashraf :so if i really dont use netsearch, its kinda pointless to upgrade from 6.0.8 to 6.1?

And again - as given to the originator of that mantra - if you think that just because of 1 feature you should not upgrade to the LATEST version then that is your choice ... but before you make a comment or submit a ticket on a problem with the older version you chose to run - then you need to update to the latest version before doing so.

djqwikcut wrote :
HOW does the song suggestion thing work?? It suggested to me some songs during the event? is that computer generated or is someone typing that in?

The song suggestions is not part of NetSearch - it is part of the Music Groups feature from VirtualDJ and it is automated based on the contributions provided to those groups. Looking at the highest percentage of when a particular title was play after the currently playing title.

Posté Thu 27 May 10 @ 12:56 pm
JoeyKJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
djqwikcut wrote :
cstoll wrote :
WHen do you do DURING an EVENT.. lets say you are using the online service and have CACHED a few songs... now the laptop goes down and you want to switch to backup.. NOW, I am on the new laptop and the event is going on .. I now need the songs in my cache. WHAT do I do? I cant copy DURING an ewent.. of course I can re-download them again..

use an iPod like I do populated with a playlist for that venue, on standby from my mixing board to deal with this when or if it happens.

This is part of preparation, cus yah neveh noh....

Good Luck

Joey....

Posté Thu 27 May 10 @ 4:43 pm
farhanashraf wrote :
so if i really dont use netsearch, its kinda pointless to upgrade from 6.0.8 to 6.1?

Right. I wouldn't have updated to 6.1 if I wasn't interested in the new netsearch capabilities.

Posté Fri 28 May 10 @ 12:09 am
thanks

Posté Fri 28 May 10 @ 12:15 am
i download the new one and i have trouble to cobfig the tie code.
in version 4.3 is so easy but in 6.07 i cant?
and i try to download some new skin it says virtual dj not found

Posté Fri 28 May 10 @ 9:30 am
akumazidov wrote :
i try to download some new skin it says virtual dj not found

Its because you dont have VirtualDJ you have Numarks Virtual Vinyl, I used to have the same problem.

Huey

Posté Fri 28 May 10 @ 9:57 pm
hmmmm ok so wath can i doo?nothing right

Posté Sat 29 May 10 @ 6:42 am
xavi668Home userMember since 2010
thanks

Posté Sat 29 May 10 @ 2:31 pm
72%