Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet house music bedroom VDJ

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi all i have been playing around with the VDJ since xmas last year and have started to get the basics but still wonder about loops and dropping them in? Hot Cue? WTF? i probably have bad habits from the old days where we used to "play" for hours on my friends SL10's, still its all music!

I play house music from the latest 80s to all 90s, with latin house, deep, and modern mainstream house music. So its varied but i like the diversity and like the fact that i still play older tracks with new bees.

Any tips or advice for improving my mixing would be great, i used to be and still am a great admirer of Steve Proctor's Dj style and music so any help would be much appreciated.

Fozz

Posté Mon 07 Feb 11 @ 3:57 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
research and understanding aswell as practice in my opinion is the only true way to learn how to mix. every dj has a different style and used different techniques and skills. you should research as much as you can about the techniques used by djs all over the world and work out whats good for you.

other stating how they mix personally sometimes doesnt work. what works for one doesnt always work for another.

there are a million and one tips people could give you with regards to mixing so you would have to be a bit more specific with your request.

always remember "gooogle is your friend"

also i should mention "dj tutor" on youtube. elliskins (johnathan lewis) has a great deal of videos teaching different techniques of mixing and also a lot of other stuff to.

Posté Mon 07 Feb 11 @ 4:38 pm
thanks Blulite
will check out youtube as suggested!
and will upload some mixes for comments and suggestions.

Fozz

Posté Mon 07 Feb 11 @ 5:13 pm
BlulitePRO InfinityMember since 2009
thought after re reading your post id fill you in a bit with some data surrounding loops and hot cues.

with regards to loops, you wouldnt normally "drop" them in. as dropping is a totally different ball game all together. looping however is basically a technique that will give a continuous loop or repeat or either 1, 2, 3 or 4 bars. you can loop more but thats up to you. loops are used in various ways but my personal uses are just for added effects to break up a track and make it sound less origional.

hot cues work by allocating a hot cue to different points on a track so you can return to that point in the track at any given time just by pressing a button.

theres a little video here that armin van buuren done that will show you a little about the use of hot cues.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8syamPJ9LY

part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh-0Wpm_Rg0&feature=fvw

Posté Wed 09 Feb 11 @ 5:11 am
Do you guys make comments in VDJ about the cue points? I discovered you can right click on the cue point to get a popup window, then I make a tag like "3 - Rock this club". I can't remember all the different tracks and their cue points, so I started doing that. That way I can preview the track while the other is playing and then remember which cue points I selected during practice to start on, where to loop, etc.

The other thing I try to do is mark my loop point with "0". That way I can know if I hit ALT+0, it will take me to the part of the song I can loop for transition to the next song.

My Mixdeck has three hot cue buttons (1,2,3), and I try to save those for important points in the track. I usually start on "4", and use 5-9 for other points in the track... if there are that many interesting points. :)

I hope that makes sense. Anyway, I don't know how else to do it. Any suggestions for better mixing and using of cues?

Mods - I think this goes with the OP. If not, feel free to move it.

Posté Thu 24 Feb 11 @ 5:24 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)