Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet scratching

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I just started djing about a month ago and I have improved in all areas except scratching. I'm working with a Numark Mixtrack Pro. I'm not getting the scratches I want (pitch wise) and I was wondering if there is any possible way for the scratches to match those from a vinyl deck. I'd appreciate any help/tips. thanks

Posté Tue 22 Mar 11 @ 1:46 am
Start with different kinds of mixes and scratch samples (like vocals and stuff)
Press play and let mix start. Use your controller to manage scratch and enjoy (:

Posté Thu 24 Mar 11 @ 7:25 am
coach kPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I just gave this advice to someone else, hopefully it'll work for you as well, especially with the console you're using!

Scratching was so much easier when it was just 2 turntables and a mixer, lol!

First thing you should do is go to your config, check the settings and get your jog sensitivity (including the Cue and bend) fix them to your liking! I have mine close to the top, but not all the way there. Also, go to your performance tab, fix your "Scratch" - Optimize for latency, Master tempo- PureScratch (No Master Tempo), Skin resizing- Fast resizing and finally 48khz conv- Fast resampling!

Okay, now time to PRACTICE! So you're going to take one song and put it both decks. Now if you're righty, play the music on deck 1, lefty on deck 2, this will help you get comfortable with your strong hang before mastering both hands. Now listen to the music prepare to scratch by finding the most comfortable spot for you on the jog wheel as if it were a turntable. Normally, I try to place my hand on my jog wheel at 10, 10:30, 11 o clock position. Try to scratch on tempo, when you find a spot you're ready to release, don't push forward, simply try releasing the jog on the back motion, but with catching the beat in mind to avoid it sounding like a cat screaming. As for your crossfader, if you're using it, be sure to fade in tune with the beat so it won't sound like you're back peddling.

There are many ways to scratch, but this is a great way to start before you pull out the super tricks.

The most important thing is to Practice, Practice, Practice! I have 26 years in this game, 24 using turntables and yes even I had to step and learn all over again how to scratch on a console. They say all consoles are not made for scratching, but to me if you put in the time, it's possible!

Here is a video of me scratching (link below). Pay close attention to the first 40 seconds or so and watch my hand position to see what I mean. I hope it helps even though it's a RMX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_hGnvYs0lc

Happy Scratching,
DJ Coach K aka The Mix Monster

Posté Mon 28 Mar 11 @ 1:08 pm
Thanks a lot for the advice! I actually have to wait to test out your advice because with my LE version of VDJ, the VDJ Pro 20 day trial option is the only thing that pops up when I click on "config". Unfortunately I already used up my free trial and I'm waiting to get the money to upgrade to VDJ Pro 7. Thanks again though I greatly appreciate it! Btw the scratching in your video is exactly what I was looking for.

Posté Mon 28 Mar 11 @ 9:36 pm
coach kPRO InfinityMember since 2010
No problem and glad to contribute! Yes, once your funds are right, be sure to get the pro version, it's worth every penny! Especially with all the added features such as the free upgrades on the software, sound effects and samples just to name a few things.

Have a great one!

Posté Tue 29 Mar 11 @ 10:13 am
Hello, am still not getting the scratch as u explain above,
I just need full explaining about the scratch.....
Thanks....

Posté Fri 20 Nov 15 @ 2:09 pm
I know I'm receiving these tip long after it was rendered; but it was super helpful ! Thank you!!

Posté Wed 10 Feb 16 @ 1:22 pm
Slt mes CONFRERES, j'utilse un controller HERCULES REMIX, j'aimerais performer le DROP SCRATCH, mais quand depose ma main sur le JOG WEEL, la musique s'arrete pandant un moment et apres quelque second elle continue meme lors ce que je laisse la main sur le JOG WEEL, alors la ca fait defaut je en peux vraiment pas faire le DROP SCRATCH avec....

S'il vous quelqu'un peut m'eclairer!!!

Posté Thu 10 Mar 16 @ 9:11 pm
gstribPRO InfinityMember since 2010
LtH_116 wrote :
I just started djing about a month ago and I have improved in all areas except scratching. I'm working with a Numark Mixtrack Pro. I'm not getting the scratches I want (pitch wise) and I was wondering if there is any possible way for the scratches to match those from a vinyl deck. I'd appreciate any help/tips. thanks

Check out this playlist for tips for scratching which is aimed at controllerism but the basic ideas are the same for vinyl.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLIg0Lz0SYgKIpAjagF8WTc218zHR2CNOz

You can also look at this play list which is created using vinyl:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEFE36CF3A920C471

Posté Mon 09 May 16 @ 11:00 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)