Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Merging two databases

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Is it possible to merge two databases, say moving from one computer to another and you don't want to lose information from the previous computer?

Posté Fri 25 Mar 11 @ 9:13 pm

Posté Fri 25 Mar 11 @ 11:51 pm
worked for me :)

Posté Sat 14 Dec 13 @ 12:22 am
But how about this? Mine sounds a bit different. I used to have songs on two separate hard drives (computer's and an external hard drive). As a result, VirtualDj created a "VirtualDj Local Database" on the external hard drive in addition to the "VirtualDj Database" on my computer. Now I have managed to get enough space for all the songs (including songs on external HD) but the songs from external HD has to be rescanned as a result of separate Vdj database. So the issue is how to merge the two separate databases (VirtualDj Database and VirtualDj Local Database) into one. Any help?

Posté Fri 02 May 14 @ 12:14 pm
Please do not post multiple times -

i have locked your other threads but left this one open as it is the most recent!!

Posté Fri 02 May 14 @ 12:44 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If you had copied/moved the files of the External Drive to your Internal, using VirtualDJ File Operations, then you wouldn't have any issues.
Anyways, i ll try to provide you a solution.

Example...
Your music files were in a folder named MyMusic inside your External Drive..So the path of each song was
D:\MyMusc\,,,,,,,
and you have moved these files to your Internal Drive in a folder named as MyMusicCollection, inside a folder..
so your music is now at C:\Users\YourUsername\MyMusic\MyMusicCollection

Open the Local Database from the External Drive using Notepad or a similar application.
Do a Search and Replace like this,,
Search for "D:\MyMusic\"
Replace with : " C:\Users\YourUsername\MyMusic\MyMusicCollection\"
Save this file somewhere in your computer (anywhere) and copy all lines (except the last and the first 2 ones).
Open the database xml file you have in your VirtualDJ folder (in MyDocuments) with Notepad.
Goto at the end of the file, and paste the lines one line above the end (before the </database>)
Save the file and launch VirtualDJ, without the External HD plugged

Note. If you have created Playlists with files from your External Hard Drive, you will have to do similar Search & Replace for each one of them (in MyDocuments\VirtualDJ\Playlists)

Posté Fri 02 May 14 @ 2:57 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)