Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet DJ Needed to create a custom mix

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

haellehHome userMember since 2011
Hello,

I am looking for a DJ (just learning or pro) to help me create a custom mix for my upcoming wedding. Here's the scoop, my future husband and I are planning a chill backyard wedding in May and don't have the space and budget for an actual DJ. So I am here looking for a talented DJ who may be willing to help us create a custom mix of music for the dance portion of our wedding. What we need is music mixed together just like you were actually there to DJ for us, except all we will need to do is press play and get the party started. We have an actual list of songs that we would like to use, it includes music that spans the generation gap like Earth, Wind, and Fire to more pop stuff like Lady Gaga and Usher.
Looking to go from old school to current radio hits and then back again so every age group gets a chance to hit the dance floor. Ideally around 2 to 3 hours of music. We don't have a huge budget that is why we are posting here looking for someone nice and willing to help, we do have a small budget set aside and are willing to compensate you for your time.

If you are willing to help please email me at xxxxxx@xxxxl.com with your pricing requirements and a link to a mix you have done before.

Thank you in advance,

Sorry No email addresses allowed from NLU! Brian

Posté Sun 10 Apr 11 @ 12:21 am
djnutzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
So you think posting this on a message board full of WORKING PROFESSIONALS is gonna work?!

Tell you what, I have $3000 tied up in the equipment needed to produce your mix cd. The average wedding, including dinner music runs average about 100 songs. At iTunes prices, That's another $100. My time is worth something to me. The mix will be recorded as a single track so as long as it is is how long it will take to record, plus one hour. My rate is $25/hour. At 6 hours, that is another $150. So for $3250, I will be more than happy to make a mix for you.

Posté Wed 13 Apr 11 @ 9:30 am
kass617PRO InfinityMember since 2010
Don't listen to Dj Nutz with his over inflated quote. I would do the wedding for $2000.00. Since you save me travel expenses, and the trouble of unloading/setting up/re-loading...I'll knock off $1000. The problem is that NOW I also don't have a chance at bagging a drunk bridesmaid, which dollar value is about $1200, so now we're $2200....

Send 50% Deposit to my paypal, balance is due upon completion.

Have a Nice Day.

Posté Wed 13 Apr 11 @ 12:31 pm
Ok, I'm in for $2150.

Posté Wed 13 Apr 11 @ 2:27 pm

Posté Wed 13 Apr 11 @ 5:10 pm
Is that $2149 Canadian?

Posté Wed 13 Apr 11 @ 7:48 pm
Yeah! So depending on what day of the week it is that could be higher or lower than those quotes!

Posté Wed 13 Apr 11 @ 9:26 pm
Tear Em 'UpPRO InfinitySenior ModeratorMember since 2006
How many times does it have to be said?? TREAT ALL MEMBERS OF THIS SITE WITH RESPECT!!!! How do any of the above comments help promote VDJ? Or this site?? Grow up guys....I expect the more mature users who posted, to also post an apology.....

Posté Wed 13 Apr 11 @ 9:42 pm
Allow me to be the first...
I sincerely apologize if my comments offended anyone. I was merely trying to share some humor with my peers and it was not my intent to disrespect anyone. I am deeply sorry if my words have been misunderstood.

I'm respectfully requesting that the NLU's email address to be removed and the duplicate post edited and locked as per the forum rules. This seems to have been overlooked by the moderators in this case.

Posté Wed 13 Apr 11 @ 11:26 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)