Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Wedding DJ looking to learn how to club mix

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi everyone,

I've been a wedding DJ for over 15 years. As we all know the mobile dj world is always changing and I've been told that I'm "behind the times". One of the big trends going on at weddings now is having more of a club scene feel as oppose to a traditional wedding. I know how to beat mix but I want to learn more techniques of mixing (such as using effects to create mixes). Just an fyi, I don't know how to scratch. I want to "up my game" but I could use some help on how to club mix. Does anyone have any resources or set lists that might help me learn.

I'm kind of in a crunch period since the new dj company I'll be working for wants me to put together a sample mix asap. If anyone can help it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Garret

Posté Fri 13 May 11 @ 7:21 am
chefmgPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Best thing I did to start off is look for playlists of what other club Dj's where playing and practice with their setlists adding in different songs.
When I came to a major bmp change i just kept going back and forth with the two songs learning how the best way to transition them using all the settings (killing highs and lows, pitch and tempo slider, brake effect ect ect ect....)

I also use remix transition songs (like a bmp 120-95 ect ect) to help the flow better

Listen to the top club dj's live mixes---- you will hear how they transition---- also get club versions of songs which make mixing easy to start off with.

Last bit I can tell you is keep it simple dont try to be a mix master from the start justmix one song into another then try other stuff here and their as you practice

Hope this helped

Posté Wed 18 May 11 @ 9:26 am
garreturbaniak,

Start opening your ears.. Listen!

try sites like www.mixcloud.com and checkout what other DJ's are doing. Which songs they are playing, how their flow is.. etc etc. Just listen to the 'club' and 'commercial' mixes for your purpose.

Hope it helps

Posté Sat 28 May 11 @ 5:49 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)