Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Cheap Beginner Equipment

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Okay so I am very new to this, the only thing I have ever done is download the free version of virtual DJ about 5 hours ago and made a 30 minute mix of songs and that is it. Obviously its poor. However, I really want to get into this as a hobby, but looking around at some equipment it's very expensive especially as I just started uni 3 weeks ago and am low on money.

So, I would like to have a go at being a 'digital DJ' if that is the correct term? What equipment could I get for £200 if this is possible? Don't care what it looks like or anything its just so I can get started and Ill buy better equipment further down the line.

Posté Mon 01 Oct 12 @ 1:24 pm
What about this? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HERCULES-DJ-CONTROL-AIR-DJ-CONTROLLER-2-JOG-WHEELS-DIGITAL-CONTACTLESS-EFFECTS-/190709268491#ht_2040wt_982

The description says:
Scratch by applying pressure to the jog wheels, just as you would with a record. The jog wheels also control pitch bend and skipping within tracks. DJ Control Air converts your hand movements into a MIDI command. You do not need to touch the controller: command for mixing without any physical contact
System requirements - Compatible with MAC OSX®, Windows® XP/Windows Vista™/Windows® 7.

Images are for illustration purposes only. Colours may vary.

Product EAN: 3362934743093
Product MPN: DJ Control Air
Product SKU: 311509

Features:
2 sets of 4 pads control loop, sampler and effect commands
3.5 mm stereo mini-jack output
6.35 mm stereo mini-jack output
Compatible with MAC OSX®, Windows® XP/Windows Vista™/Windows® 7.
Highlights:
2 jog wheels with pressure recognition
Speed-sensitive pads
Air Control: 1 contactless control
Included in the delivery:
DJ software

Posté Mon 01 Oct 12 @ 2:11 pm
If you need a cheap controller to use with VirtualDJ, then make sure it comes with VirtualDJ LE included (The Hercules AIR does not.) Home FREE does not support using MIDI controllers.

A selection of popular hardware can be found on the following page: http://www.virtualdj.com/products/hardware.html

Some suggestions would be:

* Numark/ION DJ2GO
* Hercules DJConsole MP3e2
* Hercules DJConsole MK4 (Has built-in sound card for hreadphone pre-listening)
* Gemini CNTRL 2 or 6 (6 has sound card, 2 does not.)

Posté Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 6:39 am
Thanks for the info! I am thinking about getting the Numark/ION DJ2GO. However, if I get this can I use a pair of USB headphones to listen myself to what the next song will sound like? And if so what cheap USB headphones would you recommend?

Posté Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 2:28 pm
Or will I be able to use a USB sound card to cue songs with?

Posté Tue 02 Oct 12 @ 2:43 pm
Please see our FAQ pages:

http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Pre-listening%20with%20headphones.html

The simplest and cheapest option is to add a simple and cheap USB 'stick' sound card and use this for your headphone pre-listening. The setup would be:

Inputs: None
Outputs: Headphones
Sound cards: 2 cards
1st card -> Choose laptop's built-in sound card
2nd card -> Choose the USB sound card (Plug a normal pair of headphones into this.)

USB headphones should also work providing they do not also have a built-in microphone (Mic support in LE is limited and only available if the mic input is built into the controller. The DJ2GO does not have a sound card of mic input.)

Posté Wed 03 Oct 12 @ 7:49 am
I really like my numark Mixtrack. It's a beginner priced controller, but has all the features I needed (been mixing for 15 years now) without spending tons of $.

Pioneer just announced a beginner controller that has me drooling a bit. Its called the DDJ-WeGo. Worth Checking out.

Posté Wed 10 Oct 12 @ 8:14 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Hercules DJConsole MK4 is a reliable and low-priced controller with VDJ LE and a build-In sound card. That is all you need to start...

Posté Tue 23 Oct 12 @ 2:17 pm
Is The Numark Omni Control compatible with Virtual DJ

Posté Thu 14 Aug 14 @ 7:07 pm

Posté Fri 15 Aug 14 @ 8:30 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)