Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet error in video driver

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

slowaxHome userMember since 2012
when i start up vdj (home free) i get this error that says "error in video driver" and i can't do jack **** until i figure it out. it won't launch so i can't config, i've restarted, reinstalled, and don't know why it's doing it! getting annoyed rn so yeah :\ i'm stumped

[Moderated: Please don't use bad language in your forum posts]

Posté Thu 25 Oct 12 @ 5:42 pm
have you checked for an updated driver for your video card?

Posté Fri 26 Oct 12 @ 9:06 am
slowaxHome userMember since 2012
up to date with that.

Posté Fri 26 Oct 12 @ 4:21 pm
would you mind sharing your computer specifications, some more technical information may be helpful.

Posté Mon 29 Oct 12 @ 1:56 pm
Same problem for me. Videos dont show but I have sound. What would the problem be?

Posté Fri 02 Nov 12 @ 9:49 am
As of last week had a laptop start with the video driver error whenever a video file was started. Did all the normal checks. Rebooted, reinstalled, updated drivers,rolled back drivers, double checked all settings and still cannot play any videos at all. The Acer Aspire laptop has never had an issue before. Has 2gb Nvidia Geforce 630m for the graphic card. Was told there could be an issue with the Intel 3000 trying to override Nvidia settings but went through all the Nvidia Control panel and made double sure that all the settings for app control was set for Nvidia.
If anyone has any ideas at all, please let me know. Exhausted all my resources to diagnose the issue with no avail.

Posté Thu 13 Feb 14 @ 10:16 am
What OS are you guys using? Any new updates you may have applied? Can you roll back before those updates? How are you trying to output these videos, HDMI, VGA, converters, What? Is it possible these cables are bad, or the ports, or converters?

Posté Thu 13 Feb 14 @ 9:19 pm
OS is win 7 pro. Have installed all the major updates for Nvidia 630m and rolled back the drivers multiple times. Have set and reset the Nvidia Control panel numerous time. Sending videos through VGA. It only wants to playback through Intel 3000. Have gone through every config possible. Starting to think reformat and re-install.

Posté Fri 14 Feb 14 @ 10:53 am
I just read somewhere on these forums, about the conflict between Intel and iNvidia. The rollbacks I was talking about were for the OS, since this problem is a recent issue. Is there a computer person you know that can help you? There is a way to force this, I just don't know what it is. I will see if I can find that post.

Posté Fri 14 Feb 14 @ 2:21 pm
I rolled back the updates to before all the issues started including all applicable Windows Updates as well. Still nothing. There is an issue between the 2. No patches are available through Acer or Nvidia. Checked BIOS and it is set to Switchable which is the correct setting. Used every possible driver from original to the most updated Beta. As I said, I have exhausted all avenues outside of reformatting/reinstalling.

Posté Fri 14 Feb 14 @ 3:31 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)