Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet transition techniques

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

So, I thought this would be a interesting topic to give some folks some insight on some techniques they havnt tried yet. For instance, It seems all I do is blend and fade out. I would benefit greatly for any kind of information yall can share. Thanks for reading.

Posté Sun 02 Jun 13 @ 7:39 pm
Also, just a quick question off topic, Is it appropriate to use Dj Edited songs in your sets and mixes? Or is that considered stealing their product?

Posté Sun 02 Jun 13 @ 8:47 pm
I have virtual DJ and I need to know where the setting is to switch over to other side automatically after the song has finished ?? from A to B and Vise Versa

Posté Sun 28 Jul 13 @ 1:00 pm
First of all , some versions of VDJ don't support playlists, so you may not be able to do that at all.

There is a VDJScript command called automix_dualdeck to do what you describe, but you'd have to assign it to a button on your keyboard/controller - it's not a standard feature in VDJ any more.

For some reason, even though it's possible have up to 99 decks now (on Pro) Automix only works from a single deck as standard.

Posté Sun 28 Jul 13 @ 1:57 pm
Yeah I have noticed the automix, i havnt fooled around with it, I dont think I will. I was trying to ask for other transition techniques besides fading in and out and also, I catch myself Mixing out of song A's chorus into Song B's intro everytime. It gets rather boring.

Posté Sun 28 Jul 13 @ 8:01 pm
mix different sections of songs together, eg. instead of playing song A's drop switch to song B's drop. If you pick the correct songs it add's an element of surprise and really increases the energy in the room. The same can be done with breakdowns but it's not as powerful. That is pretty much the foundation of mixing modern DnB, Drumstep, Brostep, EDM "that's the genre".

Other than that just play with the eq's, your aim when mixing deeper styles of music the key is to very smoothly blend in the next track, if you do it right the audience should't know you changed tracks until you are in the main hook starts.

DJing isn't hard to do if you know/love the music you're playing, if your bored learn to beatmatch with your ears, It will definitely give you something to do without ruining the songs your playing.

Posté Sun 28 Jul 13 @ 10:10 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)