Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Numark V7 - Popping Sounds

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

I recently picked up a pair of Numark V7's and got them set up with Virtual DJ. I am getting periodic 'popping' noises from the audio output of the V7. Here are the details of my setup:

- VDJ latest version 7.4
- V7 ASIO selected as output device
- Deck 1 Outputs 1 & 2 --> Numark V7 "Deck A" RCA Outputs
- Deck 1 Ouputs 3 & 4 --> Numark V7 "Deck B" RCA Outputs

Laptop:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
Intel i7-720qm Quad Core @ 1.60GHz
4GB DDR3-1600 Ram

I've checked that the issue isn't something else (corrupt MP3's, amp, speakers) by using my laptop's sound card and headphone out jack. When I did so I didn't hear any of the popping noises.

Just last week, using my Numark Mixtrack Pro, I was not having any problems. Aside from my audio output settings, I have not changed any other settings. None of my other gear has changed, either, except I'm using a Numark M6 mixer. I hooked other audio sources up to it and it doesn't seem to be introducing any noise itself.

Does anyone have some troubleshooting suggestions or potential fixes?

Posté Mon 22 Jul 13 @ 9:52 am
Usually this is a sign that your ASIO driver latency is set too low. Push it a notch higher and try again.

If you're not aware, the system requirements on the Numark site state that a 2.4GHz CPU is the minimum on Win 7 64.

On a 32 bit system it's only 1.8GHz.

Posté Mon 22 Jul 13 @ 11:27 am
Well, the site says 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo. The i7 is a significantly more powerful processor despite the lower clock speed, with double the listed L2 cache (6MB).

I suppose, though, if the audio is relying on a single-threaded process, the lower clock speed could possibly be an issue.

I'll try adjusting the latency and see if that helps, thanks.

Posté Mon 22 Jul 13 @ 12:53 pm
jim_philly wrote :
I suppose, though, if the audio is relying on a single-threaded process

As far as I'm aware, the way I understand it is that things always work on a single core until that core can no longer cope, at which point the second core is brought into use, and so on.

Posté Mon 22 Jul 13 @ 1:45 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posté Mon 22 Jul 13 @ 6:21 pm
I set the latency as high as possible and even checked "safe mode.," and still got the pops. I'll try the tweaks in the guide above to see if it helps. I do know that the green CPU meter rarely exceeds 20% or so, and I've never seen it past 1/3. I suppose it could be pegging one of the individual cores, in which case it might still only read 25% on the meter.

I'm just surprised I'm having problems since I never had any with the same system using my mixtrack pro in place of the V7's.

Tried Serato Itch, no issues with playback in there.

Posté Tue 23 Jul 13 @ 3:57 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009

Posté Wed 24 Jul 13 @ 6:35 am
jim_philly wrote :
Tried Serato Itch, no issues with playback in there.

So with everything else the same, just running Itch instead of VDJ, it works fine?

Are you using a VDJ skin that's the same as your screens native resolution?

Are you using the scratch waveforms/coloured waveforms?

Posté Wed 24 Jul 13 @ 7:17 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Do you see any improvement in performance if the motors are turned off ?

Posté Wed 24 Jul 13 @ 6:40 pm
Hey guys, sorry for the delay in posting back.

At some point my skin got changed to one that was a higher resolution than my laptop's screen, as groovindj mentioned above. I changed it back, but its still didn't solve the issue.

What DID solve the issue was switching from "advanced stretching" to "Pure Scratch." I should have changed it ANYWAY because the primary reason for going to the V7's is that I'm getting better at scratching so I wanted better gear (my bad!)... but regardless it fixed the popping noise that would occur when I was just playing tracks and not scratching.

Thanks everyone for the help and input and I hope this thread can help someone else in the future!

Posté Thu 01 Aug 13 @ 1:08 pm
Bumping my old thread here...

The problem with my "solution" above is that, if I want to use my V7's for mixing EDM or something else where I DO want Master Tempo, I don't currently have a solution. How do I use master tempo without the pops/distortion? Any ideas?

I'm pretty sure my system is as optimized as possible (wifi turned off, background processes killed, etc etc). Like I said originally, I have no issues mixing with Master Tempo using my old Mixtrack Pro...

Posté Thu 24 Oct 13 @ 2:08 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)