Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Windows 8 with Sony VAIO

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Picked up a new VAIO SVE14A390X. Started my transition with nothing but conflicts. Using Virtual Full Pro version already had a crash, can't get the video card to even appear in config (only the intel 4000 card), transitions work sometimes, had the "defragmenting your file" error after 2 or three songs play, file will load and sometimes won't even see the track but if you load it on the opposite side a few times later it will display the wave. Video will work then after a little while when coming out of a transition, screen will go black (even though I am playing a video file) Next song on opposite side will play fine and display video and then back to normal. I'm assuming many of these bugs are from Windows 8 64 bit version. Question is, do I keep this thing and try to tweak (which I've been doing for 4 days) or just send it back and get something with less specs. I'm at the point where I am just ready to send this machine back. Any thoughts.

Processor: 3rd gen Intel® Core™ i7-3632QM quad-core processor (2.20GHz / 3.20GHz with Turbo Boost)
Color: Gunmetal with Vintage Gold
Display: 14" LED backlit display (1600 x 900)
Operating System: Windows 8 Pro 64-bit
Optical Drive: CD/DVD player / burner
Wireless Display: No Intel® Wireless Display technology
Memory: 16GB (8GB x2) DDR3-1600MHz
Hard Drive (Storage): 1TB (5400rpm) hard drive
Graphics (Video Card): AMD Radeon™ HD 7670M (2GB) hybrid graphics
Memory Card slot: (Memory Stick Duo slot/PRO-HG/MagicGate/SD Memory Card slot/SDXC/CPRM)x1

Posté Sat 24 Aug 13 @ 9:57 am
Forgot to mention, I am using the Denon 6000
I, also, have tried all of the available tweaks that were on this forum (including changing registry for VideoMemMax, etc)
All with minimal success

Posté Sat 24 Aug 13 @ 9:59 am
To run with the amd card Right click the virtual dj icon on your desktop and press run using Radeon HD ..... Or something similar to that. Are your problems only with videos or does it act up with mp3 as well

Johnny

Posté Sun 25 Aug 13 @ 7:19 am
When I right click on the icon, I don't get that option. Most of my issues appear to be with video. mp3s are playing fine.

Posté Sun 25 Aug 13 @ 9:23 am
Update:
Still not secure enough to use on live events.
Used at my house for 4 hours yesterday and still encountering same problems after more tweaks. They are all happening at random times.

*Noticed some sound and video chops/skips. If it were just sound, I would say more adjustment on the latency but it was video as well (again random songs and if played earlier or later, they would play fine so it wasn't the file)

*Video coming out of random effects would not play; screen would just go black. Then next song or two it would come back on.

*Still getting the decompressed error on random songs but when played earlier or later the error isn't there.

*Some songs will load and the wave will not appear but, again, when played earlier or later it will.

Hope I can resolve these issues because this machine is very fast and I would love to keep it.

Posté Wed 28 Aug 13 @ 6:16 am
UPDATE. Had a a few more tweaks and we are getting closer to solid.

Be sure you have the latest video graphics drivers installed in your computer:

Go to your computers manufacturer and download and install this with their latest versions:

1) Bios update
2) Chipset drivers
3) Video graphics drivers
After this, login to VirtualDJ.com/forums and after that enter here:

http://www.virtualdj.com/addons/tools.html

You must download the REGISTRY TOOL and run it in your laptop Core i to setup those:

Check on SPEEDLOAD and VIDEOYV12Bug. Also set VideoMemMaxUse = 16

Also download and install this:

http://fileforum.betanews.com/sendfile/1094057842/5/1333396838.55e00b2d7c51a2043477e5a6a61dad585a1ca394/K-Lite_Codec_Pack_64bit_610.exe

And Set VirtualDJ CODECs in WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER VIDEO for VOB, MPG and MPEG-2

On Catalyst put VirtualDJ to be use in low performance or other than high performance.

On low performance, it seems to run smooth. On high performance, I had to events where the video froze the system but the song still played and then I could not load another, so it was technically a crash.

Only current problem on low performance is with the Clip Bank - All other effects work fine. The clip bank will flicker between video and clip but will not only run the clip.

Therefore, we are still not good to go yet but getting closer. Seems like a lot of work for such a loaded machine.

Posté Fri 06 Sep 13 @ 9:30 am
My backup laptop is a Sony viao. With 2gb of ram and a 2.13 pentium m processor. I've had to run video from it twice in the last 3.5 years. I never had any issues playing live for over 4 hours. I could use clip bank or any other effects but it ran smooth with High CPU usage but never froze up. Just seems odd for a higher end machine like that to give you problems.

Posté Fri 06 Sep 13 @ 6:25 pm
My thoughts exactly. I ran a dell Vostro 14" for the past five years with no issues. This machine, on paper, is a beast but can't compete with the old Vostro when it comes to running this program flawlessly. Of coarse the meter on the old machine ran very high and this one is very low but the program is having some problems. It has to be the drivers and the windows 8 64 bit

Posté Thu 12 Sep 13 @ 5:16 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)