Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet software sticks when loading new track

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Acer aspire i7
4gb ram
W7 64bit
Usb soundcard (although AA VMS4.1 coming tomorrow)

On my last couple of gigs I've had an issue where when I drag the next track to the opposite deck the software sticks. The whole screen freezes. The music carries on playing, but the freeze lasts for about 20 seconds or so. Then loads the new track and all Ok. Generally does it four or five times over an evening and I don't need any more grey hairs!
Any thoughts?

Posté Thu 12 Sep 13 @ 6:11 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Done that already?

Quote :

Laptop optimised for battery life or power saving rather than performance - Go to the Windows Control Panel -> Power Settings and make sure that your computer is set for maximum performance. IMPORTANT: Make sure that your computer has adequate ventilation (For a laptop, a DJ laptop stand is a recommended to allow all round ventilation.)

And make sure your Laptop can not turn off usb devices.

Posté Thu 12 Sep 13 @ 10:10 am
Its not a laptop. Its an all in one media centre touch screen thing

Posté Mon 16 Sep 13 @ 8:10 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
That doesn't make any difference.
Please check your system configuration if its allowed to power off usb devices.

Posté Tue 17 Sep 13 @ 3:07 am
djmilaPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Where is your music? inside hdd or usb ? maybe sleep your hdd .. power setting

Posté Tue 17 Sep 13 @ 2:44 pm
I have noticed this but only when I don't let my OS boot up completely before starting VDJ. Try clicking apply a few times before starting the music. When that doesn't help I even close out and restart VDJ. Restarting does the trick for me.

Posté Tue 17 Sep 13 @ 11:08 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012

Posté Wed 18 Sep 13 @ 11:03 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
danielsr2006 wrote :
...when that doesn't help I even close out and restart VDJ. Restarting does the trick for me.

Quite difficult when you are on a live gig ;-)...Try config/ mappers/ mappers options/ rescan for new devices

Posté Wed 18 Sep 13 @ 11:07 am
Well I didn't think I had to be that specific Roy;-)

But ok..Personally I notice this during soundcheck. Before the party starts. I notice by the third song that something is not right. I just restart that one time. Then I have no problems the rest of the night.

Just something for the OP to think about. In my case it's just about letting my windows os boot completely before doing anything else.

Posté Wed 18 Sep 13 @ 11:47 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)