Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Cannot Play a song - soundcard issue

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi,
I have instaled the latest 7.4 Home Free version on an Asus Transformer TX300. So far so good.

When I start playing a song, nothing can be heard, nothing is changed.

I found out that if I change the soundcard settings to ASIO and Jriver, then the track is played. However, Virtual DJ says that "complex" configuration is not possible in the free version, settings will be kept for 10 min only.

Well, I only want to start using Virtual DJ, this should not be a complex configuration, I hope!!!

How can I set up Virtual DJ free that it is simply starting to play? Shall I provide you with additional hardware info?

Thanks.

PS: And where can I subscribe to notifications for new replies on threads?

Posté Fri 11 Oct 13 @ 4:58 pm

Posté Fri 11 Oct 13 @ 7:17 pm
Yes I understand, there is no free lunch. This is fully OK for me, as the guys of VirtualDJ also would like to pay their bills. But I assume that the "basic free" version means you can play the software on literally every standard laptop, but with restricted functioniallity. In my case, it does not work at all. ???

Cheers.

PS: And where can I subscribe to notifications for new replies on threads?

Posté Sat 12 Oct 13 @ 6:06 pm
VirtualDJ Home FREE is free limited software and supports basic sound configuration only. Simple single or mono split output is supported via a standard WDM sound card built into most laptops as well as master+headphones using a 2nd external basic stereo USB sound card for stereo headphone pre-listening. ASIO and advanced configurations are not supported (VirtualDJ Basic or the full Professional is required for this - Please see the comparison link above.)

It's possible that the sound card in your laptop is higher end and doesn't work as a standard WDM card, but this would be very unusual. Check your sound settings in the Windows Control Panel and/or the software that comes with your sound card. Another possibility is it has an unusual channel order, e.g: Channels 1&2 are the line output on the front and 3&4 are its built-in speakers.

Please note that VirtualDJ Home FREE is for personal use at home or house parties only for fun. It cannot be used for commercial purposes such as at gigs where you are being paid. For this, a purchased licensed version of the software is required. If you are a working DJ, please support the software and its future development by purchasing it.

Posté Sun 13 Oct 13 @ 11:25 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)