Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Music

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

xNS5xLE userMember since 2012
I recently received some mp3's from a friend. I think he ripped them from Youtube or something (not 100% sure). I tried opening some of the files in VDJ and the titles or the artist won't show. That's what led me to believe that they were possibly ripped from the internet. Are these illegal files or is something wrong with my version of VDJ.

Posté Mon 14 Oct 13 @ 12:27 am
Those are more likely illegaly ripped files. Also you are using them illegaly my transferring each others files. Best thing you should do is purchase your own music from legal sites like Amazon, itunes, Beatport and such.

Posté Mon 14 Oct 13 @ 1:34 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Do a rightclick on the file and choose file infos. Make sure the correct ID3 tags are set for those files.

The fact that the id3 tags are missing doesn't say anything about the files and their legal status. They could also be ripped from a CD.
And that is, at least in Germany, not illegal to share with your friends. It's calles "private copy" and used to be for private purposes ONLY.
I also think even ripping from YT isn't illegal here.

Posté Tue 15 Oct 13 @ 5:53 am
xNS5xLE userMember since 2012
Some of the files don't have id3 tags. He only gave me about 4 songs.

What ARE id3 tags?

Posté Tue 15 Oct 13 @ 11:23 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
If you right click on a mp3 file or mp4 etc and choose properties it is the information stored in those tabs regarding that particular file, it also depends on how much information was originallyu inputted for that particular file, hence sometimes only Artist &Title have been stored, this leaves you the other options like like album etc to input info yourself.

Sometimes the other sections may be user blocked so you will have to add these files into the vdj database youself.

Give it a quick google you may get a better explanation than I have given.

Posté Tue 15 Oct 13 @ 2:32 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)