Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Freeze Loading Song after leaving idle

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Laptop Spec :

HP Envy M6 on Windows 8 with 8gb ram, I5 processor, ATI Raedon 8670 graphics (switchable - Intel HD4000 too, but VDJ is configured to run on the higher spec card and the card is set for performance).

Screen saver - disabled.
turning off hard drives - disabled.
processor min and mx set to 100%
USB selective suspend - disabled.
"Allow computer to turn off this device to save power" - disabled on every USB hub.

Music (MP3 and MP4 videos) are stored on a Western Digital Caviar Black 7200rpm 2TB drive. The drive is cable of 6gbs, but is in a USB 2 enclosure so limited to 3gbs. The USB ports on the laptop are USB3, but that shouldn't be an issue as the harddrive can't go any faster than the enclosure's controller?

Anyway had this laptop a month or so, but only just got the registry settings to stop a memory leak when playing video sorted (it was using 3.5gb ram when playing two videos at the same time and when go to load the next got the "insufficient contigent memory message". This is now resolved by setting maxvideomemuse to 16. It now goes upto 350mb max playing two videos at same time and idles around 175mb).

So did a gig on Saturday playing along side a band, so played before the band, all fine. Band do 45 min, just before they finish I go to load a different track in deck A (thought better of the orginal choice) and get an hour glass and a 30 second wait and then it loaded the track as normal. Played fine tracks back to back. Then band on again and same thing again.

So set it up at home and it appears to do the same thing. If I leave it stood for awhile it will take a few secongs before it decides to load the track and one time it just locked up and eventually VDJ was not responding. The hardrive didn't sound like it had spun down and it appeared to have no reaction to VDJ trying to load the track. As soon as I came out of VDJ I went into Windows explorer and could access the hardrive instantly.

I'm running VDJ 7.4.

I'm not sure if this is a VDJ issue, a Windows 8 issue, a hardrive issue, laptop issue or something else.

I have 4 identical hardrives in identical enclosures and have no issue with them on Windows XP VDJ6.2.

I have tried looking into this and only one thing can find is that while USB2 will keep pinging the hard drive to check it is still there, USB3 doesn't do this.

Any ideas of what else I can do to resolve this?

Posté Wed 30 Oct 13 @ 7:23 pm
Try using NoSleepHD it writes a file to your selected hard drive at user determined intervals so your external drive doesn't go idle. Just remember to turn it on before your gig and off after it.

http://nosleephd.codeplex.com/releases/view/25489

Hope it works for you

Posté Wed 30 Oct 13 @ 8:12 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)