Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Samsung NC10 and VDJ

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

DJdBNNHome userMember since 2013
Hello to all people.

I was very fanatic of Traktor but the problems about latency, software crashes, unsupported sound cards etc. make me to come back to Virtual DJ.

Few months ago i had Macbook pro 15" core2duo 2.4GHz - 4GB ram - Mountain Lion 10.8.5 And traktor stucks.
Αcer extensa 5220 Windows 7 Home edition 64bit - core2duo 2.2GHz - 4GB ram And traktor stucks.
Power Mac (need no recommendations) and traktor AGAIN stucks.

Now i have a upgreaded netbook Samsung NC10 with 2GB DDR2 Ram and 110GB Sata2 HDD just for the operating system (XP SP3), all correct drivers are installed and the netbook have ONLY the Virtual DJ and mozzila firefox installed without any programms like antivirus and spy scanners.
With few words, netbook is only to play music.
My questions is:
1) Can use VDJ with that netbook or i have problems?
2) Can use Maya 44USB with external mixer and dual turntable timecodes without problems (latency etc.)?
3) At this moment, can i controlled both decks with one timecode? i'm explain, when i'm play one song at Deck A (with timecode), i want to play other song at Deck B with timecode. When i choose the Deck B with timecode, the Deck A i want to keep playing automaticaly from netbook without timecode.

Thats all and sorry about my bad english! Cheers!

Posté Wed 06 Nov 13 @ 2:41 pm
1. Samsung NC10 netbook is a low powered computer (It only has 1.6Ghz Atom CPU), but for basic audio mixing only using your mouse/keyboard and/or a basic MIDI controller, it should work OK. Some users use computers like this as backup for their main system.

2. Timecode with low latency audio is very CPU demanding, so this computer may not be powerful enough. There's no harm trying though if you already have the equipment. Netbooks are low powered computers intended for basic use such as web browsing, writing documents, etc. (NOTE: You will need to use noisemap vinyl such as Serato CV02.)

3. Yes, single timecode is supported. You can toggle it between the decks by mapping your a key on your keyboard appropriately. Please see our FAQ pages: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Toggle%20single%20timecode%20between%20the%20decks%20using%20TAB.html

Do you still have the Acer or Macbook Pro 15" that you listed above? If so, then either of these would be a much better choice for running VirtualDJ. You can install it alongside Traktor to try it out before purchasing.

For best results, make sure that any system that you install VirtualDJ on has been optimised for DJ performance: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Performance%20Issues.html

NOTE: Power Mac is old and obsolete hardware. The PowerPC processor in it is not supported by VirtualDJ. MacOS Tiger (10.4) is also no-longer supported. Please see http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/MacOS%20Tiger%2010.4%20and%20PowerPC%20compatibility.html

Posté Thu 07 Nov 13 @ 4:51 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)