Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Soundcard settings question for VDJ experts

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello there,

I am new with VDJ, and I have Numark IDJ3. I also have Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 audio interface, and I my question is whether I need it with IDJ or is it using its own built-in sound card. So far the only settings that worked for me were

- Input: none
- Outputs: Headphones. Master: front output Headphones: rear output
- Sound Card : 4.1 Card, Speakers (3 - IDJ3)

Then I tried switching to ASIO driver - now I had to plug my headphones into my Focusrite controller to be able to hear anything and the Pfl ability (being able to pre-listen to both tracks at the same time or each track individually) has gone away.
In fact, I seem to have tried all possible settings and all of them, except for the one that I am using, seem to have messed up my functionality.

I kind of came to conclusion that I do not need to be using Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 with Numark IDJ3 because it seems to do fine without it. Could someone please correct me on this in case I am wrong?

Posté Sun 10 Nov 13 @ 8:03 am
VirtualDJ LE for a controller with a built-in sound card is designed to work with sound card only (Except during the 20 day trial of the full VirtualDJ Pro.)

You don't really need an external sound card if your controller already has one built-in. It's just additional unnecessary complexity. However, a high-end external sound card such as the Focusrite should give you higher sound quality (Depending on the quality of the files being played through it of course - If you are just playing MP3's of 192Kbps or lower, then it probably won't make much difference.)

Configuring an advanced sound card such as the Focusrite will be a lot more complicated and you will most likely need to use advanced sound config with the appropriate output channels chosen for master and headphones (Refer to the Focusrite user manual for details.) Advanced config is a VirtualDJ Pro feature, so you would need to upgrade to the full Pro at a discount to use it: http://www.virtualdj.com/buy/index.html

You will also need to configure the Focusrite for standard CD quality 16-bit bit rate and 44.1Khz sample rate. Higher rates are not currently supported by advanced sound config, but should be in VirtualDJ v8 (Using higher rates is also pointless if you are mainly playing standard 16-bit/44.1Khz audio files.)

Posté Sun 10 Nov 13 @ 11:50 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)