Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Music discussion

Sujet Middle School Dance Playlist

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Does anybody have ideas for a playlist for a school dance that im gonna DJ for???

Posté Fri 10 Jan 14 @ 9:40 am
You're a DJ - you should already know! :-)

For a start, what age are the kids?

Posté Fri 10 Jan 14 @ 9:44 am
10-14

Posté Fri 10 Jan 14 @ 9:46 am
This is what I have so far:
Paradise by Coldplay
Grenade by Bruno Mars
Call Me Maybe by Carly Rae Jepsen
She Wolf by David Guetta ft. Sia
Hips Don't Lie by Shakira
Tik Tok by Ke$ha
California Gurls by Katy Perry
Wake Me Up by Avicii
Marry You by Bruno Mars
Die Young by Ke$ha
Teenage Dream by Katy Perry
Rolling in the Deep by Adele
Gangnam style by Psy
Macarana
Harlem Shake
Cha-Cha Slide
Cupid Shuffle

It is hard to get music the guys would like because I can't use profanity in any songs.

Posté Fri 10 Jan 14 @ 10:11 am
I would say (based on my experience in the UK) that kids of that age group will just want to hear whatever the latest tracks are in the pop and R&B charts. That's it. Nothing older than literally a few weeks. Something from a year ago is ancient history to them.

And they probably will ask for something with swearing in it. Even when you play the clean versions, you'll probably hear them singing the "alternative" words. Nothing you can do about the singing but do play clean versions.

Posté Fri 10 Jan 14 @ 12:02 pm
yaetownPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Check the billboard top charts.... start there.

Posté Fri 07 Feb 14 @ 9:35 am
Billboard Hot 100 charts are a good place to start but that only indicates what's getting radio airplay on terrestrial radio. Best place to check is the iTunes Top 100 Songs...that indicates what songs people are downloading. While it is very similar to the Hot 100, it indicates more what everyday people are downloading to their phones or iPods, as opposed to what is played on terrestrial radio all the time.

Posté Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 1:31 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)