Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Mapping the Pioneer DDJ-SR

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

This maybe very simple for those of you who truly understand mapping but for those of us who kinda understand....
I have the Pioneer DDJ-SR. I am only using 2 decks so the "3" & "4" deck buttons are useless. Is it possible to map those for a completely different function such as start video crossfade?
Thanks in advance for your patience with us "mapping-challenged!"

Posté Sun 16 Feb 14 @ 3:14 pm
probably not, Pioneer often build the deck shifts into their firmware, you might have to pick some other buttons, alternatively you could have the deck A & B layer control audio only and have decks C & D control video features. That would mean large modifications to both the mapping and definition file though. If you want to separate the controller into A-B and C-D you can use the following pattern

action_deck 1 ? stuff for deck one audio : action_deck 2 ? stuff for deck two audio : action_deck 3 ? stuff for deck one video : action_deck 4 ? stuff for deck two video : nothing

Posté Sun 16 Feb 14 @ 3:32 pm
As above:

Deck select buttons besides sending MIDI messages on the software they also operate on device's firmware level. This means that they are "special" buttons and they can't be mapped for any other purpose than the one they were meant to.

Pressing button "3" for instance will set the left side of the unit to operate deck 3 on hardware level. This means that any button you press will be sent from the unit as "deck 3 button X"

Syntet1c gave you a very good idea above to take care of your extra mapping needs if you wish. Just leave these 2 buttons with their default mapping.

Posté Sun 16 Feb 14 @ 6:40 pm
why can't I download the mappers from here for me VDJ to DJ-SR? is it because I am new?

Posté Fri 21 Feb 14 @ 8:26 pm
Hi,

you nedd a registered Professional Full version to use the mapping. So the download is limited to users with a registered license.

Greets, Heiko

Posté Sat 22 Feb 14 @ 5:26 am
O que tenho que fazer para baixar o mapeamento da ddj-sr?

Posté Sun 30 Mar 14 @ 12:30 pm
Sorry, this forum is for English language messages only.

Please either post your message in English or use the appropriate language forum at the bottom of http://www.virtualdj.com/forums to post in your own language.

Posté Mon 31 Mar 14 @ 11:57 am
Can't get any sound out put for Master or cueing up.. what am I doing wrong.? installed the Mapper for device and features on controller work with V7 program just no sound output

Posté Thu 22 May 14 @ 10:12 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)