Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Free VirtualDJ 8 Clinics in Miami & LA - Reserve your seat today - Page: 4

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Actually on Facebook, there is a comment from Adam (Atomix Team) saying the Digital DJ Tips had this over a week ago.

Posté Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 3:31 pm

(taken from the Digital DJ Tips website)

There you go, its on here as well now. :-)

Posté Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 3:33 pm
groovindj wrote :

Really? Where in this thread did Atomix announce that "Virtual DJ 8 Is Here" and that attendees will get to use "a production version" (i.e. not a beta)?

Maybe read the title of the post again - Virtual DJ 8 Is Here: Exclusive Screenshot

It doesn't say that the software is here. It's a cleverly worded title. What's here? The exclusive screenshot is here.

DigitalDJ Tips wrote :

This week we’ve received word of two free Virtual DJ 8 Clinics being held by American DJ in Los Angeles and Miami this April (see flyer below), indicating that Atomix – the makers of Virtual DJ – has a finished product on its hands. What’s more, we’ve got an exclusive screenshot (above) showing you what the finished software looks like.

Where does it say that attendees will be using a production version of the software? You're reading way too much into this.

Posté Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 3:50 pm
SuperAceMan wrote :
DigitalDJ Tips wrote :

This week we’ve received word of two free Virtual DJ 8 Clinics being held by American DJ in Los Angeles and Miami this April (see flyer below), indicating that Atomix – the makers of Virtual DJ – has a finished product on its hands. What’s more, we’ve got an exclusive screenshot (above) showing you what the finished software looks like.

Where does it say that attendees will be using a production version of the software? You're reading way too much into this.

If people attending the clinic may not use software ... I think this makes no sense ...

Posté Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 3:57 pm
samirdj21 wrote :
If people attending the clinic may not use software ... I think this makes no sense ...

And again - it doesn't say that either!!

Posté Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 3:59 pm
There's nothing wrong with my reading skills!

The statement is "Virtual DJ 8 Is Here". The software is called Virtual DJ 8. Hence the software is here. Not just the screenshot.

Other phrases used: "the product is ready", "its actual release is imminent", "Atomix ....has a finished product on its hands". Is that all referring to just a screenshot? Doesn't sound like it to me.

He even says "What’s more (my emphasis) we’ve got an exclusive screenshot" - after the other statements.

Quote :
Where does it say that attendees will be using a production version of the software?

"you can attend to be one of the first to get hands-on with what is – at last – a production version of this long-awaited package"

Posté Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 4:03 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
It does seem strange to me that Atomix choose to drop snippets through a blog site and not just tell all the loyal forum users and Facebook followers officially.

I don't understand PR & Marketing!

Have to agree with this, people have been waiting on the forums here and facebook for a long while - but Atomix decide to give the first info to a blogger who's followers probably aren't even VDJ users?

Posté Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 4:22 pm
Since the last day to sign up for the clinic happens to be on Good Friday, I expect the VDJ 8 to be released on Easter Sunday.

I await my Easter gift basket.

Thanks in advance Atomix.

DJ James

Posté Tue 01 Apr 14 @ 4:40 pm
I feel like VDJ will be released on VE day aka May 8th. See its VDJ 8 VE day was on the 8th May is well a good month for blossoming something new... And May 8th is always a good day :)

***these is not based off any fact, hearsay, just pure speculation. This is just wishful thinking.

Posté Wed 02 Apr 14 @ 12:32 pm
I hope it's May 4th.. then I can say "May the fourth be with you!"

Posté Wed 02 Apr 14 @ 1:05 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
All I can say after I followed this thread is, worth V8ing for ;-)

And why does my downloading center keep on flashing.........just kidding !

Posté Thu 03 Apr 14 @ 5:19 am
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
it should get released b4 the tutorial .... why do a tutorial b4 it gets released, it doesn't make sense.

just tell us when its going to get released, we've been waiting TWO+ yrs for. since someone decided to say its in the making

i think its fair

Posté Fri 04 Apr 14 @ 7:42 am
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
jamesvanek wrote :
Since the last day to sign up for the clinic happens to be on Good Friday, I expect the VDJ 8 to be released on Easter Sunday.

I await my Easter gift basket.

Thanks in advance Atomix.

DJ James

no update has been done on a sunday, due to dj's working on weekends.
updates are normally done tuesdays or wednesdays before the weekend kicks in

Posté Fri 04 Apr 14 @ 7:49 am
The version 7 updates favoured Tuesdays and Thursdays but at least two of them were Sundays.

I think the two safe days are Friday and Saturday, don't expect a release then.

But anyway!! Back to topic!! - Who is going??

Posté Fri 04 Apr 14 @ 8:09 am
If this is what I sounded like when I complained about how long it was taking for an update... WOW, I am SO SORRY to everyone that had to see that. I am so embarrassed!

To Atomix, release when you are confident that it is 100%. Not a moment sooner!

I trust you to make it right and release it when it is ready.

Thanks again for the hard work!

Scott

Posté Fri 04 Apr 14 @ 10:10 am
The release day is academic anyway as no-one would be stupid enough to install the new version and run it at a gig without at least stress testing it...... right?

Given its a complete rewrite and the fact there seems to have been a fairly limited beta in relation to the amount of actual users and possible configurations it will be ran for a month before I take it on the road.

Posté Fri 04 Apr 14 @ 10:30 am
Or longer. We want NEW and Shiny, and new features, and some fixes, but my virtual dj 7.04 is almost flaweless, so yea... it will be a month of me testing too.

Posté Fri 04 Apr 14 @ 12:37 pm
[quote=kradcliffe] as no-one would be stupid enough to install the new version and run it at a gig without at least stress testing it...... right? /quote]

You're kidding, right? Where have you been the last seven years?

Posté Fri 04 Apr 14 @ 2:50 pm
Rick,

This is different.

I have installed every update and ran it pretty much straight away. With the best will in the world there is now way this new version will be completely bug free. Not possible.

Posté Fri 04 Apr 14 @ 3:28 pm
Agreed.

Considering how restricted the beta testing seems to have been, releasing it into the big wide world is bound to reveal glitches.

We'll all be in the same boat too - so when the floodgates open, the Pro users and Exp Pro users will be swimming against the tide with everyone else rather than being able to offer help & advice. Support will be swamped.

One of the first things I'll be doing is tesing 8 with my Denon HS5500s to see if it works without warbling.

Posté Fri 04 Apr 14 @ 3:58 pm
37%