Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Free VirtualDJ 8 Clinics in Miami & LA - Reserve your seat today - Page: 9

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
locodog wrote :
So my decision is £200(more) or free

If you're a home user using no MIDI, HID, timecode or video and a simple audio configuration, or an LE user who is happy with what he has right now then the choice is indeed an easy one :)

Posté Fri 25 Apr 14 @ 7:59 pm
Sometimes gotta make some big boy decisions...

Glad to hear some of the good feed back from these clinics.

Posté Sat 26 Apr 14 @ 12:24 am
locodog wrote :
I use 2 laptops and 2 versions of home putting out to an external mixer for parties

For non commercial use (you're not being paid)?

Posté Sat 26 Apr 14 @ 8:36 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Yeah I don't think payment with drugs is taxable, unless Atomix fancies a toke?

And I'm a part owner of a licence, I chipped in with 4 others so the rig had pro software with all the addons.

Posté Sat 26 Apr 14 @ 2:44 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
there is NO way to have just a part of the licence. licence is between atomix and one person. and only this person is allowed to use it...

and now BTT

Posté Sat 26 Apr 14 @ 3:24 pm
So if a club has a VDJ licence, then only the purchaser can use VDJ pro? No, that isn't the case, the licence is to the hardware, (2 live copies, only 1 used for performance)

Example, I'm at home, fully paid, then I let a friend have a mix is that a breach of terms? No it isn't, and on the slim legal argument it is, it's unenforceable.

Posté Sat 26 Apr 14 @ 4:49 pm

Check the EULA:

- This license gives you the right to install and use the software on a maximum of two computers, by one person.

Posté Sat 26 Apr 14 @ 5:00 pm
So a un licenced friend can't have a play upon a licensed machine? Perhaps that's how the EULA reads but Good luck enforcing that. And just to confirm the shared licence is for free parties, I.E. illegal raves, no money is made, but when we get raided by the cops would atomix like to share liability?

Posté Sat 26 Apr 14 @ 6:00 pm
Not much else to say. Some respect rules while others don't give a ....!

Posté Sun 27 Apr 14 @ 10:20 pm
yaetownPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I now see why we are told to stay on topic....lol

Posté Mon 28 Apr 14 @ 12:32 am
A new feature is that VDJ8 will have a fingerprint dongle that works like the iphone 5s fingerprint reader.

For version 8 to work the fingerprint of the registered owner of the software is encoded onto the dongle, although the software does not require
the dongle all the time at a random interval the protection software will activate a 30s countdown timer requiring the owner to activate the sensor dongle to avoid shutdown of the software.

Of Course the dongle is required on startup, and as part of the software protection ... cracked software/dongles will appear to work initially but throw up random 1khz tone at full output, before forcing a full reboot ... so be warned.

LOL .... this is not really a feature of VDJ V8 ..... well not that I'm aware of anyway

Posté Mon 28 Apr 14 @ 3:15 am
Is that last post a windup? A lot of us are mobile DJ's that travel pretty substantial distances for weddings, the last thing I need is to travel for an hour to a wedding only to find that VDJ throws up a protection error and I've left the dongle at home. That would f**k everybody's night right up.

[EDIT] Just re-read that last line, was so confused I skipped over it the first time round

Posté Mon 28 Apr 14 @ 1:18 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Don't worry, it was a typical bloke thing, just skip through the instruction book... but never ever read it all the way through.

Posté Mon 28 Apr 14 @ 1:46 pm
I just booked my Flight to Miami From CT any body else going to the miami clinic?

Posté Tue 29 Apr 14 @ 6:34 am
^That is why Atomix should have just done a webcast, unnecessary air travel, the needless carbon emissions are on their hands.

Posté Tue 29 Apr 14 @ 12:00 pm

Posté Tue 29 Apr 14 @ 12:16 pm
Maybe the rabbit whole is deeper.

Posté Tue 29 Apr 14 @ 12:50 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
locodog wrote :
unnecessary air travel, the needless carbon emissions are on their hands.

I wasn't aware we provided private jets for people to come to them ;)

Seriously though, webcasts have their place but nothing beats personal hands on experience in an interactive environment that just isn't well replicated as a webcast.

Posté Tue 29 Apr 14 @ 1:30 pm
You may not have been aware of it Scott but.....

LOL

Posté Tue 29 Apr 14 @ 3:46 pm
Atomix airlines would sound better

Posté Tue 29 Apr 14 @ 3:50 pm
83%