Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet Free VirtualDJ 8 Clinics in Miami & LA - Reserve your seat today - Page: 8

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

So Nothing ..... Nada big event well advertised no posts .... so im calling it .......is this just a big $%@$% well hate to say the word???,
or censorship gone mad, given 152 posts with only 144 posts showing, so eight deleted posts or levelled as readable to VIP or higher.
Not a good look .... MAYBE ITS TIME FOR A ADDITIONAL INDEPENDENT VDJ USERS FORUM?? , NOT A CRACK FORUM .... but one with genuine
freedom of speech that has not got to "keep the good looks up/ interests for a company website" where all users can read each others posts, without fear of censorship or worse.

Superstom wrote :
At the VDJ board room

Posté Thu 24 Apr 14 @ 9:44 pm
samirdj21 wrote :
djfourmoney wrote :
djtouchdan wrote :
djfourmoney wrote :
The "Cowboy" was quite impressed with the new things added to the software. In fact I think most of the crowd was. The changes make it more competitive with other offers on the market.

Well this guy was there!! If i had to guess they have been asked to keep everything to themselves. You have to remember there are 2 more clinics lined up. If everything is split after the first one then no one will go to any of the other two.

I understand thats probably not what we want to hear, and i don't know for certain. I'm just speculating.

I was not asked to keep quiet, no NDA's and my post was deleted.

I achieved read what you wrote about your appreciation of the clinics before it was censored. And this makes no sense ...

Not much out there but found this ...... from
http://www.digitaldjtips.com/topic/virtual-dj-8-clinic/

reposted under educational/review copyright exemption.

I attended the Clinic today at American DJ in LA and it was AWESOME! I’m even more convinced I made the right decision when I chose Virtual DJ as my primary mixing software! Adam from VDJ made the presentation in 4 sections over 3 1/2 hours and started with a general overview showing the layout and how you login and set up the software. There was so much information disseminated that it’s hard to remember it all BUT this supercharged version of Virtual DJ has a Sampler to beat all samplers which allows you to use UNLIMITED samples! No more are you limited to 12 samples as in VDJ 7! Adam demonstrated the power of this new sampler with a Novation Launchpad allowing the use of 64 samples (1 bank).The samples can be assigned colors which will correspond to RGB colors on the display! You can load in unlimited banks of 64 samples and remix til the cows come home. THe samples are quantized and will sink with whatever track you’re playing. The new software will come with some basic instrument samples (kick drum, snare, etc) included. You can then stipulate how the sample will play when the key is pressed (one shot, repeat, stutter, Hold to play). VDJ 8 will come set up to natively plug and play with the Novation Launchpad and Launchpad mini!
Lots of new Effects will be available and will be easier to access.
One of the coolest features, I think, is the Sandbox feature! This allows you to start a track playing and then switch to sandbox mode which allows you to move around in the track (monitoring in your headphones) and set cue points, loops, etc getting ready for the spot at which you want to transition to the next cut- all this being done transparently to the audience and while the same track is playing! It’s like having two computers running simultaneously! This is a particularly neat feature for a DJ playing a cut with which he/she is not totally familiar allowing them to find the perfect transition point before it occurs through the Main speakers.
VDJ 8 also has 4 assignable buttons per deck that allow you to assign pretty much whatever function you want to them.
As for skins, they are now resizable automatically so you don’t need to choose a particular resolution. You can grab the skin and drag it to increase or decrease the size and all parts of the skin will adjust smoothly.
One of the best features of VDJ 8 is the improved sound engine which provides (we’re told) much higher fidelity sounds to the audience.
Personally, being a Sample junkie, this is a DREAM come true and I can’t wait to start remixing music on the fly!

I’ve just touched on a few incredible new features that will be available when the software is released on…………….. well we still don’t know when but we DO know it will probably be released on a Sunday!!! Just don’t know WHICH SUNDAY!!!! Rest assured though, when it is released it will be awesome!!!!

The presentation went so long that we could have played with it but after 4 hours we wer anxious to get into the LA rush hour traffic and head home! Sorry that I didn’t try it but Adam was just a few feet in front of us using the American Audio mixer and had a camera trained on it so people in the back could see what he was doing on the big LCD screen. Also had another screen tied to the computer output so we could see waveforms and the skin. Sure appears to be light years ahead of version 7! I think someone considering Traktor may reconsider and jump on this new supercharged version 8!

Wow! DJMusic that is awesome but I sure don’t remember Adam showing is that feature as I would have fallen out of the chair! Not to say it won’t be included but I think he would have mentioned it! The sandbox feature may allow you to do that but he didn’t specifically show that capability!:( Adam did discuss the audio and video editors. The audio editor feature allows you to reverse audio to cover up objectionable parts of a song or cut out an entire segment of a song( only on a copy- not the original so nothing is destroyed). I hope they do include the feature which allows you to grab one waveform and drag it to align with the other . Seems that should be possible based on everything he showed us BUT he did mention there were so many features there wasn’t sufficient time to show them all! I was blown away by the powerful sampler capabilities as it will be so easy to remix on the fly with a myriad of samples!
They also showed how you can easily drag the waveforms and zoom in or out but that pales by comparison to the timeline feature in the video clip!
They will be doing another clinic next week in Miami so, hopefully, that function will be displayed and we’ll hear about it!

Yes I really think you’ll like the editors and in particular, the video editor is very powerful letting you superimpose other video sources over the music video on the monitor. You can key out parts of overlays and do some special effects (e.g. stuttering an overlay of your DJ name, etc).
I agree that I hope the scratching capability is improved but didn’t really get to hear much about that as SO many new things and only 4 hours!!!!! I’m super excited to see the end result but WHO knows when it will be released? Coming soon to a controller near you!!! LOL

Another interesting feature with version 8 is that you don’t need License numbers. You’ll have a login that you use on any computer that the software is on. THis is rather cool in that if you need to use a friend’s computer that only has a Limited edition license, once you log on….it will open up the PRO version for you (providing YOU purchase a Pro license)!! They are also saying that you can RENT the software for $20 a month. This would be great if you didn’t want to spend the full pop to buy the software but wanted to test out and USE the PRO version! You could actually keep paying $20 a month to use it forever except ,in that instance, it would make more sense to BUY it!!!

Posté Thu 24 Apr 14 @ 10:47 pm
Yes please do make another forum and take all these naggin babies with you.......I really don't think anyone would mind and don't forgot to take "Groovin" with you.
Y'all check back in here every now and again so we know how much you love 8.

Dueces✌️👋

Posté Thu 24 Apr 14 @ 10:54 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Yes please do make another forum and take all these naggin babies with you.......I really don't think anyone would mind and don't forgot to take "Groovin" with you.

Dueces✌️👋

Yeah right Mr Ultra -VIP .... old tactic here if cant discredit the Message try to Discredit the Messenger.

But there again You should know ..... as you undoubtly know more than me a mere Exp Pro user.

Posté Thu 24 Apr 14 @ 11:03 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :

Dueces✌️👋

Let'em have it! Best post this year so far..

Posté Thu 24 Apr 14 @ 11:11 pm
As an international pro and user, who uses this product commercially, I am as frustrated as the rest by the lack of information coming out.
I have been holding off switching to serato, which is what my business colleagues use because of the anticipated improvements. I just struggle to understand why we are being kept in the dark, when there is absolutely no way I'm going to fly to the states for a 4 hour overview.
Please guys how about some positives from the company.
We your loyal international fans are feeling very left out.

Posté Thu 24 Apr 14 @ 11:14 pm
I live in the Midwest bro!! I'm looking at a dam cornfield right now, lmmfao!! I don't know anymore then you.

I do know that there is a mod who I think needs to go and he probably knows I feel this way but it's whatever, I don't make the rules.

I've never had a post deleted, leveled up and yes my swear words changed but I've never been sent a threatening email or any shirt like that. I have had my run in with a mod or 2 but it's all good. They do there thing I do mine.

The one thing I know, well a few things I know is that Atomix never gives up a release date and this is not a public forum. Sure you can post what you want but you don't have the final say here. You don't own shirt here. Hell they don't even really have to have a forum for you to even post in!!

I mean if it's really that bad make another forum somewhere, I might even join.

Edited by AMAHM for language

Posté Thu 24 Apr 14 @ 11:16 pm
beatbreaker1 wrote :
Atomix never gives up a release date

Er....
dj-in-norway wrote :
yes, release date will be announced when we know it of course

:-P

Posté Fri 25 Apr 14 @ 4:55 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Another interesting feature with version 8 is that you don’t need License numbers. You’ll have a login that you use on any computer that the software is on. THis is rather cool in that if you need to use a friend’s computer that only has a Limited edition license, once you log on….it will open up the PRO version for you.

Worrying, I play parties in fields and other remote locations where there is no phone signal, time will tell I suppose.

Posté Fri 25 Apr 14 @ 8:43 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
locodog wrote :
Worrying, I play parties in fields and other remote locations where there is no phone signal, time will tell I suppose.

It is entirely possible that we might have taken such things into consideration given that plenty of DJs won't have an internet connection when they are working.

CU works without an active internet connection after all...

Posté Fri 25 Apr 14 @ 8:58 am
Can you explain how that works then please, because at the moment it does sound as if it's inconvenient.

Posté Fri 25 Apr 14 @ 10:12 am
Sounds like a great idea to stamp out piracy. I guess your login will need reauthorised every so often.

Of course there will be some people who never go online with their gig machines, but probably very few now.

Abuse of licence codes has been quite widespread so this should help in this regard

Posté Fri 25 Apr 14 @ 10:23 am
Hello Grovin - we can not explain it in detail at the moment but it's working even without Internet. Trust me ;-)

Posté Fri 25 Apr 14 @ 10:58 am
CadDogPRO InfinityMember since 2004
I attended the clinic in LA at ADJ office/company.
Thanks for the great Demo and all the cool things coming.

However, I do have a request and a question.

Since in 8 you can change to color of the music text,
Why can you assign a Color (gray) to the songs already played.
The Icon is cool but with my eyes it is hard to see right-away which has be played already.

I normally change the icon within the bmp to Red Dot anyway but
since you have the code already looking to change test color
I thought you could easily add a "IF" statement and assign a color.

I know this isn't a big deal to a lot of DJ but it just something that will help us older ones... :o)

My question is in the video section.

I was told that the your VDJ logo can't not be removed from the video display.
While I find that VDJ is the best and coolest DJ software on there, I don't think my non DJ clients came to see it.

Thanks again for the Demo and all the hard work VDJ has put into making this software even better.

Posté Fri 25 Apr 14 @ 12:54 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
CadDog wrote :
I was told that the your VDJ logo can't not be removed from the video display.

That is most definitely not the case, must have been a misunderstanding somewhere :)

Posté Fri 25 Apr 14 @ 12:57 pm
I know you can't remove the VDJ logo from the skin, it might be that.

Posté Fri 25 Apr 14 @ 1:05 pm
Just wanna say thanks to the Atomix guys for popping in to answer some of these questions and to dispel some rumors.

DJ James

Posté Fri 25 Apr 14 @ 2:45 pm
locodog wrote :
Another interesting feature with version 8 is that you don’t need License numbers. You’ll have a login that you use on any computer that the software is on. THis is rather cool in that if you need to use a friend’s computer that only has a Limited edition license, once you log on….it will open up the PRO version for you.

Once you get your Registered Version, you will no longer have to worry.

Posté Fri 25 Apr 14 @ 4:02 pm
yaetownPRO InfinityMember since 2010
jakovski wrote :
Hello Grovin - we can not explain it in detail at the moment but it's working even without Internet. Trust me ;-)

Cool....

Posté Fri 25 Apr 14 @ 4:15 pm
locodog wrote :

AMAHM wrote :
Once you get your Registered Version, you will no longer have to worry.

I went part in on a licence with our rig owner, he has both licensed machines in pristine condition (one as a on-site backup) So I only need Home for database management, plus I use 2 laptops and 2 versions of home putting out to an external mixer for parties not associated with the rig.

So my decision is £200(more) or free

#professionalCheapskate

Posté Fri 25 Apr 14 @ 5:42 pm
73%