Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Gemini CNTRL 7 mapping and led issues

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

valsusLE userMember since 2013
In regards to the Gemini CNTRL 7, does anyone have a full factory map of the midi assignments of the controls and the LEDs? I have not found anything online that is accurate.

In Virtual DJ, the LEDs work fine and mapping doesn't seem to be an issue since it comes with the config file.

However, in trying to map Traktor 2 I am running into some stumbling blocks.

1. The right play button is Ch0.note.D3
But the right play button LED is Ch0.note.F#3
After running through the entire list on channel0, there are many LEDs I have not found in the list. They are also not sequential.

2. Press play on left deck, left play LED turns on
Press play on right deck, right play LED turns on.... but left play LED turns off
I do not have this issue with a Launchpad in Traktor.
Their support says my controller is malfunctioned.... but as I said before, everything works fine in VDJ LE.

3. In Ableton, the right play button is read as Ch0.note.D2
The output of which lights up the left play button
The left play button also does not turn off after the first time it is initialized
However, if I play back a different midi note the LED turns off (stopping the track also turns it off)

4. In Ableton, If I stack multiple midi notes (ex. C-1, D-1) only 1 LED lights up.

5. If I try to midi output a note that is too high (ex. F9), the controller locks up, lights turn off, and it must be power cycled to correct it.

Is there something specific about this controller that you have to send MIDI outputs in a certain way? Or possibly send them via CC number instead?

Anywho.. A rudimentary drawing with the LED assignments would be helpful. Or even just a text file explaining which values are correct.

I have the same result on my desktop PC with Windows 7, and my laptop with Windows XP. To clarify: the MIDI inputs work fine in all 3 of these programs, I am only having trouble with the LED output... and no issues at all while inside VDJ. I have a Launchpad S and the LEDs map as intended.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Posté Wed 30 Apr 14 @ 3:32 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You could try to contact with Gemini i suppose.

Posté Thu 01 May 14 @ 7:17 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)