Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet VDJ cue points and Pioneer CDJ 400

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hello everyone

Its been a long time that I haven't posted anything. Obviously, my Hercules and the VDJ 5 are running smoothly, so nothing to report over here about that. But I have a gig in about two weeks, so questions can't be answered from my knowledge

So far, I have been Dj in small parties in my college and my friends birthday's with the Hercules Steel that I bought two years ago. But now, as our graduation day is coming closer, we are trying to throw a bigger party in a club. The owner of the club told me that he has 2 CDJ 400, and 1 DJM 600. Since, I been playing for fun, I had a lot of time around my hands to cue point my songs in two years. And after some research, I found out that Pioneer CDJ 400 supports Virtual DJ. However, most of the people that I have talked to in my "dj friends list" told me that due to some unknown issues, once VDJ is connected to the CDJ, the CDJ 400 losses its built-in effects. (Why?) I did a check up, and honestly, I felt in love with 2-3 of them. But this issue (losing the built-in effect) doesn't occur if you play through USB or CDs on CDJ 400. (Why is so?!) Any way this can be fixed? Like I checked the Pioneer website and so far they don't have an answer to neither VDJ use nor Traktor use!

Since the use of Virtual Dj in this case doesn't seem to be working properly, I was thinking to try and upgrade myself a bit by using CDs and USB's. But if I do so, and since I can't use an SD Card for cue points as in CDJ 1000, I will lose all my songs cue points And when I mean all, I have like 10 GB of plalist (from classic to modern, you name it).

So after some technical reviews of the CDJ 400, I can see that CDJ 400 can save the cue points into a built-in micro-chip, and on your USB (if you use a USB flash driver!). However, since I will be playing with CDs and USBs, I was thinking if there is a way to copy the cue point database of the VDJ and use it within the CDJ 400?

To make myself clear, I will try to explain once more. CDJ 400 creates a hidden-file within my USB. By copying my VDJ cue point database file into my USB drive, will the CDJ 400 be able to recall the cue points as it does with it own created file? Or, is there any way that I can make the CDJ 400 use the VDJ cue point database for all of my songs? Any way that I can modifying the file of the CDJ 400 and make VDJ cue point database as the main one?

If you are aware of it, please let me know. Also do let me know if I have misunderstood something or any clarification upon what I said above. I will try my best to answer, but since I don't have the CDJ 400 at my place, its going to be hard to be straight forward

Thanks in advance

Posté Tue 13 May 14 @ 7:44 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
You can remap the buttons to do whatever you like. The default mapping uses the buttons as hot cues and also allows you to use the hold button to pick an effect for it.
You will need to upgrade from LE though.

Posté Tue 13 May 14 @ 9:52 pm
This is not an 'unknown issue' - it's a technical fact. When used as a MIDI controller, the CDJ simply acts as a remote control for the software (As though you were clicking on the appropriate buttons with your mouse.) In MIDI mode, the song playback and manipulation is performed within the DJ software, so it's impossible for the CDJ to affect this in any way such as applying its built-in internal effects.

When using DJ software, you need to use the effects built into the DJ software itself. If the controller has effects buttons, then these will normally be mapped to control appropriate effects within VDJ. If you upgrade to the full VirtualDJ Professional then you can also download and use additional effects.

Please note that the version you have now is a limited edition (LE) and will only work with your Hercules DJ Console. It does not support using any other controllers such as the CDJ-400 (Unless you have not yet used the 20 day full Pro trial.) You will need to upgrade to the latest full VirtualDJ Professional to be able to use other MIDI controllers such as has CDJ-400.

VirtualDJ v5 is also a very old version of the software and there have been numerous changes and improvements since then including the full ability to customise the mappings of the controller (VirtualDJ v5 Pro does not have this capability.)

Posté Wed 14 May 14 @ 5:47 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)