Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Sujet Sampler - Wishes & new features - Page: 2

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

i hope i have that sampler

Posté Tue 19 Aug 14 @ 9:23 pm
When using the sampler to manage video clips, it would be REALLY useful to be able to select multiple samples and apply the same settings to them all (eg loop/drop loop-type, audio/video).

Likewise, it would be useful to be able to automatically grab a thumbnail image for multiple samples (Eg. grab a thumbnail from 5 seconds into each sample)

It would also be useful to be able to universally toggle video samples, regardless of which sample bank they're in, such that you can only have one video sample playing at a time.

Posté Sun 07 Sep 14 @ 3:33 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
philbearman wrote :
When using the sampler to manage video clips, it would be REALLY useful to be able to select multiple samples and apply the same settings to them all (eg loop/drop loop-type, audio/video).

+1

And I would like to have an edit choice to fade (in and out) the samper clips on both Audio and Video ?

Does any Teamer really watch this and take notes ??

Posté Sun 14 Sep 14 @ 5:06 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Yes someone does. It may take a while but some stuff does make the cut.

Posté Mon 15 Sep 14 @ 2:21 am
I haven't had a chance to read through all of the above, so apologies if I am repeating what someone else has asked for:

I was having a chat with Phil Bearman yesterday at the Mastermix Open Day regarding the Sampler and using his visuals and these are a few of the things that would definitely get a thumbs up from both myself and Phil if they could be added:

1. Being able to have the option to have either text OR thumbnail for the samples rather than having both.

2. Being able to add the samples to a playlist or cue them time wise.

3. Being able to batch edit them rather than having to do it one by one, e.g. if you wanted to change them all to a specific transparency.

KJ

Posté Mon 22 Sep 14 @ 7:16 am
tensinkPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Dear VDJ development team.

Feature suggestion/tip: It would be nice to calculate the maximum and average sound level of a file, once loaded onto a deck. And then present those levels as an "average level" (e.g. red color) and "maximum level" (e.g. yellow color) line onto the meters. If the gain level is adjusted, these lines will adjust accordingly. This will save time to pre-listen to songs and adjust the input to match with other deck input levels as those levels are visible as markers in the level meters per deck. In the settings of Virtual DJ the on/off per level and the color of the lines should be configurable. What do you think?

Ton.

Posté Thu 23 Oct 14 @ 6:22 am
GGCOMPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Hey:)

When recording loop -> option to record " Pre/PostFX " (inc. EQ !)

I cannot press "rec" if sampler is in remix mode. -> behaviour should be -> rec to default user folder.

Possibly-> there is pad view and column view. a simple channelstrip view of some sorts would be nice with eq, mute..

Option of having sampler bank and remix mode open at the same time (option of 2 sideview panels)

Thats all for now..

Thx:)

Posté Mon 27 Oct 14 @ 5:51 pm
cj-janPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Limiter for sampler
Autogain for single samples
Editable start and endpoint of a sample in the sample editor

Posté Wed 05 Nov 14 @ 2:47 am
A.eXe 1PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Possible new feature for the sampler is to have the ability to drag and drop a sample from a sample pad to a deck from the sideview 'pads' screen or create a script to allow that to be done from a button (i.e. 'sample_pad 1 load leftdeck, etc.). This would allow a user that uses the pads on the sideview alot like myself to have the option to either play the sample or drop it on a deck to scratch. Another benefit by doing this could be a user would be able to create a page just for scratch samples, drag and drop on a deck from the sample pads and BAM.... scratch session!!!

Posté Thu 04 Dec 14 @ 4:32 pm
You can drag and drop from the sampler to a deck from the sampler list view. Or you can do it from the bank browser

I tried some script (loading from a pad), but 'sampler_select' doesn't actually shift the focus
sampler_select & deck 2 load (should work but doesn't)

A bug or design flaw with the sampler IDK.

Posté Sat 06 Dec 14 @ 2:50 am
jenhenPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi is there a way to have samples play automatically one after the other?

Posté Fri 26 Dec 14 @ 8:51 am
Being wildly technical yes, but wouldn't it be simpler to just to record the chain of samples as a new sample?

Posté Fri 26 Dec 14 @ 2:14 pm
I think jenhen is after something akin to the way clips can be played in Ableton Live.

Basically, each clip has a "follow action" which tells Live what to do after the clip plays.

There are eight different actions. Stop/Play again/Previous/Next/First/Last/Any/Other.

You can also set a clip to have no follow action.

Posté Fri 26 Dec 14 @ 2:38 pm
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Sounds like you're after a jingle stack, like they do on radio playout systems. Would be a useful feature.

Posté Fri 26 Dec 14 @ 7:34 pm
SAMPLER: stuff I need or would like developed: (these are actually good ideas)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
* sampler deck out EQ & Filter: right now no EQ's / filter are active, only volume fader (EQ = critical for sampler loops where you dont want bass but only hi frequencies etc.)

* sampler trigger modes shouldnt be GLOBAL options but PER SAMPLE options. Then in one BANK i.e. [PEAK HOUR] you could have some peak hour loops, some one shots, shouts etc. all with their respective logical trigger modes

*Sampler: need a new HYBRID trigger mode: press short: HOLD mode(just as long as you press it) , press a bit longer: ON/OFF mode (play till end) : for rhythmic P P P P PPPPP Put your hands up stuff (im a percussionist) this is essential for TOUCHSCREEN USERS. I know you can do it by mouse now, not by touch

*Sampler needs another type besides drop and loop::: 1 shot loop or Synced DROP::: if you have something like a vocal "3 2 1 GO" you want to have it in sync, but only played as a one shot. Not possible now, because DROPS arent synced and loops, well they loop forever.

* dragging a WAV into a sample bank slot, should immediately create a copy in the sampler DIR, not reference the original file

*Sampler directory structure should be: BANKNAME, in there all samples audio should be stored for easy management and transfer, not all over different DIRS like it is now

please support these requests

Posté Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 5:35 pm
jenhenPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hi all
I would like to play a sample and have one play after another in the bank without having to trigger each one. I could pre record the samples I guess but that would kill the spontaneity.

Posté Tue 03 Feb 15 @ 7:36 pm
ChreecePRO (OEM)Member since 2014
TimmUnited has some good ideas...

I mostly like to see at Sampler mode in side list, a line under every sample that represents an edit mode... If you hit on this line it opens directly the sample editor, if you hold click on this line you can move the sample across the pads. This would be a great feature for us so we can edit or move any sample on the fly with ease!

Posté Thu 05 Feb 15 @ 12:56 pm
People have been asking Atomix for some of this stuff for years (at least five)!

Sample slots should have the same abilities as decks - VU meters, EQ, FX, key change, waveforms, POI markers....

Posté Sat 14 Feb 15 @ 7:42 am
Not forgetting recording to slots! nudge forward etc

Posté Sat 14 Feb 15 @ 8:14 am
Not sure if this was a feature and it was regression bugged or this is just a wish but when you record a loop (a sample loop) the browser switches to the sampler folder, shouldn't the focus be on the loop just recorded? easier for drag dropping, also opens up work around for the "record to slots problem"

Posté Wed 18 Feb 15 @ 2:04 pm
14%