Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Best driver option WDM or ASIO

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Just a quick question.
Have recently bought an Allen & Heath 'Zed' Mixing desk that has USB for playback & recording. Which driver would be best for VDJ bearing in mind i just want playback. It obviously works instantly using a wdm driver so are there any advantages in installing an ASIO driver.

Win XP Sp3
VDJ Pro 7.0.4

Posté Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 8:22 am
In theory they should both sound the same, asio should give you lower latency (button or timecode response time). Asio may lower cpu usage slightly.

Posté Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 8:46 am
Yes ASIO should be your first choice, because it's a "native" driver - written specifically for that particular hardware - to get the best out of it.

WDM is just a generic driver supplied with Windows for use with anything and everything. Performance takes a back seat to compatibility.

Posté Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 9:32 am
Sorry i should of pointed out that the mixer doesn't have a dedicated driver as it's class compliant, I've read some use an 'Asio for all' driver for apple logic and protools etc.

Posté Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 9:39 am
In that case - no, you don't need to use it.

ASIO4ALL is not an ASIO driver. It's an ASIO emulator designed for use with ASIO-only software (obsolete now), to enable it to be used with standard sound cards.

Posté Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 10:36 am
Thanks for the info!!

Posté Wed 08 Oct 14 @ 10:53 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)