Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet [OFFICIAL] ContentUnlimited Audio & Grooveshark - Page: 12

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

i had a massage to renew my subscription on content unlimited ,if i didn't subscribe will the search net stops?

Posté Thu 07 May 15 @ 6:24 am
kradcliffe wrote :
That is why experienced Djs are getting peed off. I have spent literally tens of thousands of pounds on music since 1994 and now someone can come along and undercut you for 10 dollars a month.

I know time moves on but it still gets me that people are taking gigs and relying on this type of service.

Exactly! It's the difference between professional DJ's and amateurs. I have a 5 terrabyte hard drive that's filled with thousands and thousands of audio and video tracks in every genre you can imagine (I make regular backups so I dont lose it all) that I have spent years building, collecting and most importantly....paying for. Then you get some bedroom guy, who downloads a cracked version of VDJ or only uses a home version without reading the EUA, and pays $10 a month and automatically thinks they are on the same level as those of us who have spent an enormous amount of time creating a well rounded collection of music. Not trying to sound to bitter, but it's seriously messed up.

I loved CU because it was always there when someone had some strange request, but I NEVER used it as a primary source of music. Anyone who does that, seriously needs to reevaluate themselves as a DJ.

Posté Thu 07 May 15 @ 7:03 am
well said

Posté Thu 07 May 15 @ 8:29 am
sonnikPRO InfinityMember since 2012
I too relied on CU as a secondary source. There were often some interesting remixes that are difficult or cumbersome to find through traditional sources.

I don't believe the problem here is that it's "having your own musical library" vs. using streamed content. If you look at the progression of technology, we've slowly been moving in a direction where it's getting more and more difficult to actually own a physical copy.

30 years ago, DJs used vinyl. 20 years ago, DJs used CDs. 10 years ago, DJs could use MP3s.

Let's look at movies: You can buy a DVD or Blu-Ray, and own the physical copy. Less people are doing that these days because of cloud-based choices. For example, I've purchased some movies that exist in my Amazon Digital Library. If I leave them exclusively there, they are subject to removal by the rights holder. I believe this happened (to some) with the Harry Potter series as Warner wanted to re-release the content at some point. The point is, fewer people own physical copies of movies that they routinely enjoy.

Music is doing the same: Today we have cloud-based services like Spotify, Amazon Music, Rhapsody or whatever. Many people just listen to Pandora on their phone. Point here is that - if you wanted to play your favorite music on demand back in the day, you had to go to the mall to buy a CD or cassette. Today, music listeners can just live within the world of digital content distribution, and be okay with it.

This move from a physical ownership to a virtual ownership marches on, and will continue to march on. The en masse listening audience doesn't mind - because it offers them a slight convenience. The content providers don't mind - because it will let them continue to protect their copyrighted material as they see fit with a greater degree of control.

I think ripped MP3s were/are the end of owning your physical copy of music. People are getting comfortable leaving their iTunes content exclusively in the cloud these days too, which would probably make me a little nervous.

Even on the hardware front, we're seeing a trend from laptops to souped-up tablets.

I guess my point is, what will the DJ'ing world look like 10 years from now or 20 years from now? DJs are unfortunately confined by what the wider general music listening audience wants.

If the trend is towards these more "virtualized" services, I support Atomix in their efforts to provide their user base a solution that offers works for today, and what will work for tomorrow.

Posté Thu 07 May 15 @ 9:15 am
Have this been fix that what I like to know $10 dollars is $10 dollars I'm tier of people taking money in scam. But how quick they will act if u do it to them. If any one knows cause I try everything and nothing is working . So just like to know so I could cancel which if grovshrak is close don't see how they could charge u . But will virtualdj I don't know hum .

Posté Thu 07 May 15 @ 10:44 am
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Dj.Nandy_Salsation wrote :
Have this been fix that what I like to know $10 dollars is $10 dollars I'm tier of people taking money in scam. But how quick they will act if u do it to them. If any one knows cause I try everything and nothing is working . So just like to know so I could cancel which if grovshrak is close don't see how they could charge u . But will virtualdj I don't know hum .

Take a look throu the whole thread if you have not yet. There is a current build of the software that allows netsearch to work. I tested it before making this post. Charges have been suspended while Atomix works out a solution with another provider. They have also stated that they are taking measures to avoid this situation again.

Posté Thu 07 May 15 @ 11:13 am
There will always be resistance to change. As Sonnik already said, 20 years ago all the vinyl dj's complaint about the CD dj's. Then the first dj's began to play with MP3, causing a storm of comments from the CD dj's. Even nowadays, we as "computer jocks" get a lot of comments from other dj's (especially when using VDJ). We aren't real dj's because the software can sync and do the mixing for us. And now, everyone is criticizing dj's who use CU as their main music source... that's just the next step in the dj evolution.

In my opinion, it doesn't really matter where you get your music from. I have a collection of about 12.000 songs, all ripped from original cd's or bought on iTunes. But I also use CU to find the latest top 40 or dance tracks, so I don't have to buy them. Once every 3 months or so, a compilation album of the best top 40 songs is released and I buy that on iTunes, and then I delete the CU files I don't need anymore.

I don't have a problem with dj's relying completely on CU, I don't even care if they get all their music from a torrent site or youtube (as long as they don't work for me that is ;-) ). The most important part of a dj isn't the size of his music collection, I for one only use a few hundred songs on a regular base.

The most important part of a dj is knowing which record he should play next to keep the dance floor full. You can have 5TB of music, but if you don't really know that music and you don't have the experience to know which songs you should play, that's all worth nothing.

There are also a lot of dj's that rent their equipment... ridiculous wright? ;-)

Posté Thu 07 May 15 @ 11:28 am
I just really hope something is figured out quickly. : ) Any updates? how long do you guys estimate this will be take to be solved and get another music provider on board?

Posté Thu 07 May 15 @ 11:31 am
Honestly, Id rather wait until its done right.. No need to have this done QUICKLY.. I have plenty of other sources for music that I already pay for and so should everyone who is a DJ.

Posté Thu 07 May 15 @ 11:33 am
yourlive wrote :
There will always be resistance to change. As Sonnik already said, 20 years ago all the vinyl dj's complaint about the CD dj's. Then the first dj's began to play with MP3, causing a storm of comments from the CD dj's. Even nowadays, we as "computer jocks" get a lot of comments from other dj's (especially when using VDJ). We aren't real dj's because the software can sync and do the mixing for us. And now, everyone is criticizing dj's who use CU as their main music source... that's just the next step in the dj evolution.

In my opinion, it doesn't really matter where you get your music from. I have a collection of about 12.000 songs, all ripped from original cd's or bought on iTunes. But I also use CU to find the latest top 40 or dance tracks, so I don't have to buy them. Once every 3 months or so, a compilation album of the best top 40 songs is released and I buy that on iTunes, and then I delete the CU files I don't need anymore.

I don't have a problem with dj's relying completely on CU, I don't even care if they get all their music from a torrent site or youtube (as long as they don't work for me that is ;-) ). The most important part of a dj isn't the size of his music collection, I for one only use a few hundred songs on a regular base.

The most important part of a dj is knowing which record he should play next to keep the dance floor full. You can have 5TB of music, but if you don't really know that music and you don't have the experience to know which songs you should play, that's all worth nothing.

There are also a lot of dj's that rent their equipment... ridiculous wright? ;-)

and I dont 100% agree with this.. RENTING EQUIPMENT is ONE THING.. As I rent some lighting and larger sound when needed.. BUT I would NEVER RENT my music ... I see tyoo many people asking for this to be resolved very QUICK ... There is no need.. if you need CU to run your business, you have issues... SPEND the $$ and get another service. For instance .... http://www.ergmusic.com/usa/nu-digital-traxx-mp3.asp or bpmsupreme.com or any of the others.

Posté Thu 07 May 15 @ 11:36 am
kradcliffe wrote :
[the software would be rendered useless.

Clarification: The VDJ 8 software does not become useless if it can't connect to Atomix - because the license file is stored locally (on your hard drive).

As long as that file exists, the software will work.

Posté Thu 07 May 15 @ 12:08 pm
I don't know that renting equipment is all that much different then renting music. If you cache everything on your PC there isn't much different then owning the files on the PC as far as playing them is concerned. Not having it already on the PC and expecting an Internet connection to get you through a gig is to risky for me at this point.

I do take issue with people not paying for their music, software, equipment at all (stealing it). People should be compensated for their work. And it does directly affect a competitor because the operating cost of the thief is lower. However, this probably isn't the thread to get into the legalities of torrent music and stuff.

I have no issue waiting for a solid solution to be implemented. The staff has stated they expect something within days. I am happy and even a little surprised at how fast that is. Dealing with contacts, providers, and negotiating cost can take a bit of time.

Posté Thu 07 May 15 @ 12:14 pm
A lot of time and planning was put into designing CU. The cache wasn’t necessary, but it was put there so those that wanted to, ACTULLY COULD depend on it. We understand why many people don’t like others “depending on” CU, but the fact is society is moving in this direction (physical copies being replaced by digital). I started out with all vinyl, record trips once a week, etc. Many of you know the old drill. But look now: What do I use CE for? We have entire party centers that play for kids using SOLEY CU for music content. And even now while CU is down, we have thousands of songs being played from the cache. We’re doing this big-scale too. Each of our facilities does 13 dance parties per week(1 m-f, 4sat,4sun), and for the past year all 130 parties per week have been using SOLEY CU. No disasters either. The cache makes this possible, even when rarely the internet is down. And sure , the great “what if”. What if CU fails. Well yes we have backups ready FOR EMERGENCIES, just as we have backup lighting software if the venuemagic show software goes down—but it never has yet.. The only reason I am writing this post now is because I keep reading how “a good dj” shouldn’t depend on CU. I started with vinyl, and I’ve spent a fortune, and it was fine then. But digital media is changing everything. And CE is also changing. Just ask yourself this question: What is the ULTIMATE END GOAL OF CU DESIGNERS? It is to replace the purchasing, and keep you “automatically” up to date. So the goal of CE is to make a system where you can ALWAYS DEPEND ON IT. Sure WE’RE NOT THERE, but recognize it is the end goal, and we’re quite close. Regarding the party centers I’m responsible for, our end customer prices dropped significantly when we did not need to pay someone to purchase/organize music (organization takes time, ce saves so much time!) I will say that I have all our facilities READY for
if” cache should stop working, we prepared for the possibility of CU going down, but as it turned out, VDJ ALSO PREPARED FOR US, they gave us the cache! I’ll end with this: kindness, understanding and thankfulness goes a long way. CU has made my life more profitable, more enjoyable, and even more fun. Personally I don’t mind paying the $10/month PER LOCATION TOO, while they sort this out… Afterall, I do have my cache at each location with thousands of songs… And they keep “auth.” Successfully. Please don’t misunderstand me here, I’m not complaining, not at all. I JUST LIKE YOU, WANT IT FIXED, YESTERDAY… or I’ll have to make other plans, but CE is dependable, and a SUPER VALUE in my opinion. I can certainly give-back to them some patience while they sort of this problem. They’ve been there for my businesses, and I’ll stick here and wait out of thankfulness and appreciation. The idea that they should have been more thorough is absurd. Their doing something new here, creating waves in the industry, and bumps should be expected. God Bless.

Posté Thu 07 May 15 @ 12:28 pm
No puedo renovar mi suscripción de audio ilimitado.
Que puedo hacer?

Posté Thu 07 May 15 @ 12:30 pm
hello guys i'm new

Posté Thu 07 May 15 @ 1:50 pm
sonnikPRO InfinityMember since 2012
yourlive wrote :

I agree 100% with this.

The other thing I've noticed, is that if you play at a venue where requests are customary, some patrons now seem to expect you to instantly have access to anything - no matter how obscure. I think this is an artifact of digital jukeboxes (as of the last 10 years) that offer some sort of download feature.

This newer "expectation" by patrons also seems to be driving the overall market to have some sort of on-demand service.

So, whether you get your music from iTunes/Amazon or you had been using CU, you have to acknowledge that it's a new aspect of DJ'ing.

That is, today - many of us are up against an expectation to have access to ANYTHING INSTANTLY - whereas 10-20 years ago, this was definitely not the case. Think of "C'mon man, can't you just grab that from iTunes real fast?"

No worries though, if the customer request is a god-awful suggestion, I still them them I can't get that one ... :)

Posté Thu 07 May 15 @ 2:10 pm
BoganrPRO InfinityMember since 2005
I still can,t get anything, even on netsearch version 7.4.3: Is it working? What am I doing wrong

Posté Thu 07 May 15 @ 2:46 pm
new version is 7.4.4. that is what I am using. Also click arrow next to search bar and select CONTENT UNLIMITED SEARCH OPTIONS and then select FORCE NETSEARCH AUDIO.

Posté Thu 07 May 15 @ 2:50 pm
Boganr wrote :
I still can,t get anything, even on netsearch version 7.4.3: Is it working? What am I doing wrong

You need to update to 7.4.4 or the newest v8 build 2245

Posté Thu 07 May 15 @ 2:50 pm
sonnik wrote :
The other thing I've noticed, is that if you play at a venue where requests are customary, some patrons now seem to expect you to instantly have access to anything - no matter how obscure. Think of "C'mon man, can't you just grab that from iTunes real fast?"

That's true, however iTunes is often replaced with Spotify or YouTube in my case ;-) But it's only logical, if they have the music on their phone, you as a dj should have it for sure wright?

I don't mind renting my music, I've been doing it for years already. With my previous music supplier, I paid 70 euros per month for my music, and that was also a rental service with DRM protected MP3 files. They couldn't get it to work with VDJ8 though, but I was already doubting to switch to CU so I didn't really mind ;-) The CU catalog is way bigger than the catalog of my old supplier (especially in combination with NetSearch) , and I pay 60 euros less for it...

So as I said before, I don't think the way you get your music has anything to do with how good a dj you are. However, when you charge good money to play at weddings and other professional gigs, you should have a backup in place. That's why I also have my own collection; I don't care about possessing the music, I just don't want to depend solely on my computer, so I also have a Denon HD 2500 as a backup system. I almost never use it, but when I do, it's in place and I can still finish my gig without the guests noticing something is wrong.

And for all those talking about "supporting the artist"... I really don't lose any sleep over the 0,69 Afrojack may miss because I download his record via CU instead of iTunes. And I really don't think he will lose any sleep as well, since his private jet seems to be quite comfortable...

Artists don't get rich from record sales anymore, they get rich because they get 20.000 to perform for 30 to 60 minutes... they get that wages because everybody knows their music, and everybody's knows their music because.... yes yes you can guess it... DJ's introduce those record to the audience! So the artists should actually pay us to play their records, or at least sent it to us for free with a note asking us to play it... pretty please ;-)

Posté Thu 07 May 15 @ 4:23 pm
49%