Connexion rapide:  

Forum: Old versions

Sujet Pioneer DDJ-RX Mapping!? - Page: 4

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

Posté Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 4:21 pm
1) We did some changes for next build
4) We did a change that we hope will fix that
5) We are still investigating this. It should work as it is though
7) Actually that was the expected behavior. We did change it though so that once you switch the input selector the corresponding deck will mute.
8) My bad as well... :P You were talking about PFL button, I was talking about "CUE" (as play/cue) transport button. Anyway, it works as designed.
9) Still this should work as expected. However, please check if the decks are set in PC mode or not and let us know.

Posté Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 4:28 pm
9. All mixer channels are set to PC and still left "SHIFT" + "TRACKS" loads the track rather then sorts the browser.

I will need both mic channels (3 & 4) set to mic, are you saying the midi controls wont work otherwise?

Thank you for all your work and help so far and sorry for my couple of red-herrings!

EDIT: In VDJ settings the mixerOrder is set to 3124 but 'Decks' (in the controller screen) is set to 1234. Not sure what decks are for here?!

Posté Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 5:06 pm
I don't mind the screen. I mind the setting. Thank you. I'm just trying to figure out why some functions (like SHIFT_LOAD = browser sort) don't work for you...

Posté Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 5:13 pm
My priority is with the "HOT CUE" + "PAD FX" + "SLICER" + "SAMPLER" buttons, at first they show off, but once you pressed them, they keep on, no matter if you pressed another pad button.

Posté Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 5:48 pm
This might help; looking at the mapper settings in VDJ, in the area that shows you which controller buttons were pressed, the working buttons show as:

SHIFT
SHIFT_LOAD

the ones that don't work show:

SHIFT
LOAD

I've also noticed that this changes depending on which deck is selected on the DDJ-RX.

Example:
If deck 2 is selected on the DDJ-RX and I press "SHIFT"+"TRACK TITLE" it works and re-orders the browser in track order. However, select deck 4 on the DDJ-RX and press "SHIFT"+"TRACK TITLE" again it loads the track to deck 2 rather than resorting the browser.

So for the browser to sort, the DDJ-RX has to have the corresponding deck selected to work or it will load:

Deck 1 has to be selected to sort by TRACKS
Deck 3 has to be selected to sort by BPM
Deck 2 has to be selected to sort by TRACK TITLE
Deck 4 has to be selected to sort by ARTIST

I hope this makes sense?!

Posté Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 5:59 pm
Ok. We've found the issue and it will be fixed on an upcoming update.

Posté Wed 15 Jun 16 @ 10:49 pm
That's great news - thank you for all your work on this.

Posté Thu 16 Jun 16 @ 12:45 am
Hi!. someone has already tested VDJ8.2 with the DDJ-RX? I´m very interested to have one, but I am very afraid to have lots of issues with VDJ

Thks for your answers and comments

Posté Tue 28 Jun 16 @ 3:12 am
You are not going to have "lots of issues" with VirtualDj.

DDJ-RX now should work trouble free (the update mentioned above has been pushed out)
And the issues mentioned above were minor anyway.

Posté Tue 28 Jun 16 @ 6:37 am
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
problems seemed to be fixed. on 8.1 the color effects didnt work at all. only issue, if it is one. a mix i made had a "3d" sound. like an echoey effect. none of the effects we chosen but i did use them once in a while. the sound quality from my denon mc6000mk2 is much better. maybe the asio driver needs improvement. but when i open the controller says i need a firmware update. which i did, but it didnt take? and rekordbox took DAYS to analyze 20k songs. VDJ about an hour.....i think i will stay with vdj. it just works. i do play with the midrange turned to 2 o clock a lot. i think my speakers are too big or too close. my cheesy harmon kardon 10 watt pc speakers actually work really well. but they are fragile and easy to pop.

Posté Mon 04 Jul 16 @ 9:17 am
Hi PhantomDeeJay,

Thanks for the updates for the DDJ-RX Controller. However there are still some issues.

1. When VDJ starts all the volume sliders in the software are at 100% even if they are at 0% on the controller.

2a. The pad mode selector buttons on the right hand deck still have issues:
Sometimes, if anything other than HOT CUE is selected on the RIGHT deck and you press HOT CUE on the LEFT deck BOTH decks switch to HOT CUE. However, even though the right deck's light now indicates HOT CUE, it is actually still set to the previous function.

2b. Sometimes pressing HOT CUE on the right hand deck results in the light not lighting up even though the function is selected; the previous function stays lit.

So far random selections with or with songs loaded causes the problem to appear.

Best regards
Gary

WINDOWS 10
VDJ V8.2 b3291

Posté Wed 06 Jul 16 @ 1:44 pm
Hello,

I also have the DDJ RX, and am having some problems with the Velocity Sampler, this one does not always work.

By pressing the "Shift" and "Velocity Sampler" buttons, this one will not be activated every time !

Similarly, if you press the "Capture" button, the Sampler button lights purple, but with no effect.

With the Sound Color FX, when using an effect on a track, you can not disable it by simply pressing the button of the effect. You must always bring the button in the center.
On Rekordbox, if an effect is activated with the shot button, simply press the button of the active effect to cut it, it's more convenient. It's not necessary to turn the button on active track.

Thanks for your help

Sorry, Google Translation...

Posté Wed 27 Jul 16 @ 9:13 am
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
pioneer ddj rx sadly doesnt do dvs unless you use reckordbox. which now i am back to my denon mc600k2. which works with everythings. its just so damn small. might sell my pionner.

Posté Tue 23 Aug 16 @ 9:32 am
Hi guys anybody experienced strange behaving of Pioneer ddj rx? i had been playing for about 4 hours set when I came home my jog whels get response on touching them, but when I try to move like doing search with the jog wheel it's not responsive and the led's are not moving properly do anybody knows what is that ?Led's freeze on movement like I have said when I try to move them ,and music freeze as well ,can I do the factory reset on the pioneer ddj rx maybe I have done something wrong .......... I got fresh windows Installation plus all the latest drivers and firmware from pioneer......

Posté Wed 31 Aug 16 @ 12:22 am
I had a friend of mine with the same issue. Can you check if the controller behaves the same way on Serato as well ?
Long story short, if the unit behaves the same way on Serato you need to adjust the Jog's MIDI interval setting which you can find on the unit's "Settings" mode.

PS: Before doing any changes, did you by any chance pressed SHIFT+DECK select (1,2,3,4) while you were gigging ?
SHIFT+Deck select adjusts the jogs sensitivity, so you may worth to check this out as well.

Let us know your findings.

Posté Wed 31 Aug 16 @ 12:47 pm
I probably did touch the deck and shift could happen I'm not sure? What I should do ?

Posté Wed 31 Aug 16 @ 2:25 pm
Check the controller's manual to adjust jog sensitivity back to normal value

Posté Wed 31 Aug 16 @ 2:26 pm
Just did it And same thing? Nothing changed

Posté Wed 31 Aug 16 @ 2:42 pm
Have you tried with Rekordbox Dj ? Does the jogs malfunction with Rekordbox as well?

Posté Wed 31 Aug 16 @ 2:44 pm
79%