Connexion rapide:  

Forum: General Discussion

Sujet [NEW] VirtualDJ 8.2 - Page: 7

Cette partie de ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes

This Is The Very Nice & Good Softwear

Posté Sat 18 Jun 16 @ 5:16 am
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
After looking at the new 8.2 pads I thought my Akai APC Mini was heading for an exit.
On deeper consideration my opinion is that the two banks of 8 pads remain inadaquate for samples.
I've split the Mini pads into 2 banks of 32, one for samples, the other for loops, and hot cues.
With a little more mapping pads, and hot cues seems optimum.
A single button is enough to cycle through the pad pages.
I've just used the hide option to get rid of the SAMPLER (and CUSTOM ) entry.

The new funtionality offered by the pads has dragged me out of my current mentality which was opposed to change.

Well done Atomix!
Note: I may once more look at your offerings related to the internet.

Posté Sat 18 Jun 16 @ 10:48 am
FYI, a new 8.2 EarlyAccess build (b3268) is available (and will auto-update for everyone who is using 8.2 EarlyAccess).

Mostly we fixed a bunch of small rare bugs that have been reported, we modified the colorPicker to answer the many requests we saw about it, and we added a lot of cool stuff on the ask.the.dj feature since this feature seemed to be very popular.

Posté Mon 20 Jun 16 @ 2:13 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I am real excited about the reply, monitoring, and URL features you have added to the ask.the.dj. This has actually solved quite a few issues for me at various venues and gigs. Thank you for this.

Posté Mon 20 Jun 16 @ 3:43 pm
fkroselj wrote :
I dont know if this is the same but I used 8.2 a couple of days ago in both Mac and Windows. Yesterday I went to use it and in the Mac the program wouldn't load I had to force stop it and then when I tried to open it again, it will only start loading up and the logo showed in the bottom tray but nothing more than that. waited a while and nothing so again I had to force stop it. Did that a couple of times and it never loaded up had to uninstall it and went back to install to 8.1 and it worked perfect. Will try reinstalling 8.2 and see what happens. In Windows no problem, I even had used it in a couple of gigs flawlessly.

OK so I after having to go back to VDJ8.1 in the Mac, I wen again up to 8.2 I did it with an earlier built, it installed and when I opened it, it made the update automatically to the newest built and it worked fine, that was a couple of days ago. The bad news is that when I finished I put the Mac to sleep and today when I tried it, again VDJ will not load completely. It did the same as before (my previous post), the VDJ icon showed up int he bottom right corner like all the apps that are ruining and nothing more happened. The difference is that today I tried everything I uninstalled everything, I renamed the original virtual dj folder just in case there is something with the settings, I installed first 8.1 to recreate what had worked before but nothing. I also did clean installs of only 8.2 in three different builds including the latest one but nothing.
I have lost all my happiness, I will not be able to use the MCX800.
Can anyone help here?

Thank you

Posté Mon 20 Jun 16 @ 9:38 pm
Love the new VDJ 8.2 its the best
Why can't we have the browser scroll bar page down on mouse click instead of going where you click the mouse? please look into this!

Posté Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 2:32 am
Dev staff wrote :
FYI, a new 8.2 EarlyAccess build (b3268) is available (and will auto-update for everyone who is using 8.2 EarlyAccess).

still no automatic update

Posté Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 6:54 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
If you're on 8.1 and Mac then you will need to manually update.

Posté Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 8:08 am
no, I'm on 8.2 b3203
Mac OS x El Capitan 10.11.6 (15G12a)

auto-update from 8.1 till 8.2 worked (despite what others wrote here). Now I don't get the new build automaticly

Posté Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 8:39 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006

Posté Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 8:46 am
worked, thnx!

Posté Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 8:54 am
fkroselj wrote :
fkroselj wrote :
I dont know if this is the same but I used 8.2 a couple of days ago in both Mac and Windows. Yesterday I went to use it and in the Mac the program wouldn't load I had to force stop it and then when I tried to open it again, it will only start loading up and the logo showed in the bottom tray but nothing more than that. waited a while and nothing so again I had to force stop it. Did that a couple of times and it never loaded up had to uninstall it and went back to install to 8.1 and it worked perfect. Will try reinstalling 8.2 and see what happens. In Windows no problem, I even had used it in a couple of gigs flawlessly.

OK so I after having to go back to VDJ8.1 in the Mac, I wen again up to 8.2 I did it with an earlier built, it installed and when I opened it, it made the update automatically to the newest built and it worked fine, that was a couple of days ago. The bad news is that when I finished I put the Mac to sleep and today when I tried it, again VDJ will not load completely. It did the same as before (my previous post), the VDJ icon showed up int he bottom right corner like all the apps that are ruining and nothing more happened. The difference is that today I tried everything I uninstalled everything, I renamed the original virtual dj folder just in case there is something with the settings, I installed first 8.1 to recreate what had worked before but nothing. I also did clean installs of only 8.2 in three different builds including the latest one but nothing.
I have lost all my happiness, I will not be able to use the MCX800.
Can anyone help here?

Thank you

Hi guys, any suggestion for my problem with VDJ 8.2 not loading in Mac. If not, does any body know since VDJ 8.2 is still like in beta, can I open a ticket with Atomix for this issue?

Posté Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 3:21 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Why not post it in the 8.2 tech forum, might get a better response there.

Posté Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 5:46 pm
I have a question on timecode vinyl and virtual dj 8.2 is it possible to fix the pitch on vdj 8.2 it is not accurate with the turntable if i move the pitch on the turntable it take a second for vdj to respond to the movement. i do tricks for instance if i move the pitch on the turntable all the way to negative in a fast motion vdj take a second to respond and the same with positive .on the controller it is very accurate.

Posté Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 8:38 pm
angelt99 wrote :
I have a question on timecode vinyl and virtual dj 8.2 is it possible to fix the pitch on vdj 8.2 it is not accurate with the turntable if i move the pitch on the turntable it take a second for vdj to respond to the movement. i do tricks for instance if i move the pitch on the turntable all the way to negative in a fast motion vdj take a second to respond and the same with positive .on the controller it is very accurate.

Does the audio react quickly and the screen take time to display? Or is the audio slow as well?

I find my pitch adjustments are fast audio wise, but the display is slow.

Posté Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 9:14 pm
blckjck

audio wise when i slow down the pitch on the turntable it still at normal speed and a second or 2 later it slow down. on serato its very accurate i put the pitch fader to negative in a fast motion u here it slow down instanstly.

The dev team never fix this issue .

Posté Wed 22 Jun 16 @ 11:54 pm
There are settings you can adjust for that.
I won't be back at my computer for at least 10 hours. Hopefully someone else can chime in.
I'm not talking about latency, although I would check that. I believe it has to do with the time code mode being smart and other time code specific settings.

Posté Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 5:32 am
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
buttons - I did an update on my MAC, and noticed that there is two buttons missing now. (from 8 to 6).
i use all 8 buttons now, on my Asus. if i update to 8.2, am i gonna lose two buttons?

Posté Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 6:28 am
angelt99 wrote :
blckjck

audio wise when i slow down the pitch on the turntable it still at normal speed and a second or 2 later it slow down. on serato its very accurate i put the pitch fader to negative in a fast motion u here it slow down instanstly.

The dev team never fix this issue .

I think this is a problem going from back and forth between Serato and VDJ8.

In serato the waves stay at 1 scale and the velocity changes as pitch is changed.
In VDJ the waves move at the same velocity but are scaled in size.

VDJ8 gives them (what i feel) a better representation. If you use waves to beatmatch i think VDJ wins because the alignment is applied across the whole wave so you can see your peaks align before they hit the playhead (where as serato you can't tell until it hits the playhead).

I believe this delay in scaling seems intentional and would imagine it would look hectic if they were to scale instantly.. just my opinion

Posté Fri 24 Jun 16 @ 8:32 am
Some folders went missing from the database today, haven't moved them since last night when they were there..

Posté Sat 25 Jun 16 @ 10:50 am
72%