Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet New Software Issues

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi I'm using the latest version of VDJ. I have been having many problems with it.
First, the hotcue on the right deck is not as responsive as the one on the left. What I mean is when I press the one on the left, the song will play instantly and when I press it again while the song is playing it will restart the song and I can press it very fast a lot of times and it will restart the song as quickly as I press it. On the right deck, it doesn't let me press it quickly, there's a 1 second interval between each click which is annoying.

Second problem is the following : When you're in scratch view, usually when you cue up a song to the first sound in that song there's a little white line where you stop to cue your song, that line doesn't show up anymore. If no one know which line I'm talking about, I can send you an email with screenshots. I want that line back, how do I do it ?

Last, question on how to store songs properly : When I download a song, it saves it onto my desktop. Then I transfer it to a folder called Music which is the folder I open when in VDJ. My question is : If I download it, then I move it from desktop to another temporary folder then I move it to music a couple days later will that affect the song ? Will it show as error when I try loading it from the music folder ?

Thank you!

Posté Tue 01 Nov 16 @ 4:39 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
1 Sounds like you have smartcue on deck 2, check options or the snap [dot] under the pitch fader

2 the playhead line for the vert scratch wave - yep it's gone, submit a wish or skin it yourself

3 download to desktop is hideous practice, make a yet to scan folder in my music, download to there, any tracks moved outside vdj will be lost from the database, either move with vdj or clean the database and resan the track in it's new location - there may be other methods

Posté Tue 01 Nov 16 @ 7:08 am
EDIT: Locodog was faster with the same/better answers

1. Could it be that you have enabled "Smart Cue" on one of the decks? Because then the cue will wait for the beat when you press it. When I disable smart cue on both decks (on the small dot below -/+ on the default skin) hot cues reacts fast

2. Never really use that. Hopefully someone else can help

3. Yes, VDJ will store the path of the track when it is included ind the search db, which happens if you include it manually, if you play it, if you scan it, and so on. So if you then move the track outside VDJ, you will get an error. You can then clean up the database by running "Remove missing files" and included the file(s) again using the "Add to search DB" function on the new location
However, if you use the "Move to" or "Copy to" in VDJ, the software will know it, and change the path in the database accordingly

Posté Tue 01 Nov 16 @ 7:18 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)