Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Mirror image / Flip video

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi all,

Working with a new venue whose video projector erroneously shows a "mirrored" version of the video feed. They seem to have no interest in fixing it, so I'm looking for an effect that can mirror-image / flip the video as it goes out to the screen.

Any sort of software solution to do this?

Thanks!

Posté Fri 01 Sep 17 @ 11:31 am
if the projector has a remote (and isn't ancient) you could probably change it through a menu setting. other than that i know i can flip an image horizontally with TellyVisuals but not sure if that's with the basic version or one of the fancier versions.

Posté Fri 01 Sep 17 @ 11:57 am
I think you can flip images in TellyVisuals as well.

Posté Fri 01 Sep 17 @ 12:16 pm
TellyVisuals can flip the image horizontally but it's not really a 'true' mirror image. and if you're using scrolling text on screen with tellyvisuals it's still going to be mirrored with the projector showing it wrong

Posté Fri 01 Sep 17 @ 12:25 pm
I'm on Mac, so TellyVisuals isn't an option.

The projector is ancient and it's apparently always been this way. The owner doesn't want to let me mess with it. At the end of the day it's not that big a deal I guess, it's just weird with all the text flipped. It feels like a "mirror" or "flip" plugin would be a given, but after going through the downloads area, I guess not.

Posté Fri 01 Sep 17 @ 12:30 pm
Hahahaa! Yeah sorry @Wild

Posté Fri 01 Sep 17 @ 1:21 pm
Just to set the record straight, this is using a copy of TV to flip the VDJ display horizontal and vertically. A normal TV layout is running underneath. So just made a copy of TellyVisuals.dll and called it flipped.dll. The flipped.dll has a layout with no panels. The background of the layout for flipped.dll is set to use the VDJ video as it's image and set to flip horizontally and vertically. Could have been set to just flip horizontally (mirrored) and not vertically or any combination.

Posté Fri 01 Sep 17 @ 2:31 pm
Showing all variations of flip at the same time with a video playing and rotating (center panel).

Posté Fri 01 Sep 17 @ 3:33 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Why not just change the settings on the projector (if you can reach it or use the remote) !?

Posté Fri 01 Sep 17 @ 5:14 pm

Posté Fri 01 Sep 17 @ 5:33 pm
GroovinDJ I found that yesterday! And while the utility works, it fails miserably for VDJ. It flips the ui of VDJ but leaves the video display as normal, haha. I literally LOL'd when I saw the effect.

Posté Sat 02 Sep 17 @ 4:34 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Why dont you just tell your boss that you dont do videos, if they dont help you to setup the projector correct?

Posté Sat 02 Sep 17 @ 5:47 pm

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)