Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Music video freezes (put sound still plays)
Hi guys, I've noticed over the last few months random music videos freezing (but the sound stills plays as normal), however the frequency of the freezes is increasing. I've had to complety stop playing music videos tonight as it's getting embarrassing. Every music video is freezing.

I've tried using a different hard drive and also playing the videos direct from the MacBooks hard drive but it's still happening.

I'm currently running VDJ 8.2 mac build 3780.1324 / a Denon MC6000 mk2 controller / MacBook Pro 13" i5 4GB

Any ideas people????

Thanks Damian

Posté Sat 07 Oct 17 @ 11:27 pm
I was going thru the same thing with the windows 10 operating system. I don't know 100% it windows 10 but when I converted all the file type WMV to MP4 the problem stopped. The only problem which is not major is I lost all my cue points and edits to the video.

Posté Sat 18 Nov 17 @ 12:37 am
DamianDJKelly wrote :

I'm currently running VDJ 8.2 mac build 3780.1324 / a Denon MC6000 mk2 controller / MacBook Pro 13" i5 4GB

Any ideas people????

Thanks Damian

I would suspect that you are short of RAM for running videos.

Read the Note at the bottom;
Check here

Posté Sat 18 Nov 17 @ 8:54 am
It’s def not a ram issue I have 16 gigs of ram and mine are freezing up as well. I haven’t ran videos in like 2 years but was gonna go back But now after weeks of trying to figure it out with no success I may be forced to go use serato

Posté Thu 11 Jan 18 @ 2:53 am
Try enabling our disabling the dxga option (I think that's what it's called)

Posté Thu 11 Jan 18 @ 7:07 am
anok4u2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
I'm having the same problem with WMV, freezing and lagging video, very annoying.
I not in the mood to convert them to mp4....got some 1000 of videos in this format and are integrated in my playlist, history, etc.
They use to play in the past...what happened?
This problem is getting worse and worse with every update so it seems.
(i7,16 GB mem, with nvidia 960)

Posté Sun 04 Feb 18 @ 3:11 am
I may have stumbled across a solution... Recently I was using my backup 32bit win7 on an elderly laptop - VDJ8 working fine with videos! Aero theme switched off. Hardware acceleration turned off in VDJ8 (videoUseDXVA turned off). Then I updated to 32bit Win10 (don't ask me how or why!!!) - I noticed the glitches in Video (audio seemed to be OK).

The fix for me was to edit some advanced windows settings... From the window icon (bottom left) search for "advanced system".... click "view advanced system settings (control panel)" This should bring up the old style "system properties" and be in the "advanced tab". There are three buttons called "settings...", the first button is for "performance"... This opens up a dialog for "visual effects" - click on the radio button that says "adjust for best performance" and apply those settings - restart VDJ8 and check all settings for videoUseDXVA and turn that off. Now I have a usable Win10 32bit version of VDJ8 for backup purposes.

Posté Sat 03 Mar 18 @ 7:44 pm
Got a macbook pro 32g ram,everytime i load a video the main output play the video slow motion until my next track is finish loading.How can i fix it. Is there an update or a setting to change.

Posté Sat 27 Jun 20 @ 2:28 am
I've been having the same problem with my laptop. Been working for years and now it's locking up during karaoke. Virtual DJ needs to do a software fix. Many DJs have expensive laptops that won't update to windows 11. It's rediculous when they told me I need a new laptop. Spoke with windows and they said there should be no reason they can't update the software to fix the issue.

Posté Fri 23 Sep 22 @ 6:46 am