Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Random BSOD mid event

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
This has happened twice over the last few months.

I use a Windows 10 laptop, slightly older 64bit with plenty of RAM and disk space, but runs fine.

VDJ shows CPU usage at < 10%, usually less than 5% even when mixing and pressing LOTS of buttons.

I don't do video, just MP3, and I use the internal drive.

The HDD is partitioned, with the OS on C, and all the music on a different drive letter, but it's the same physical drive.

Windows is up to date, VDJ is always the latest build.

BUT...

I do have a full USB powered hub.

I have the following connected:

- a trackball mouse
- a compact keyboard
- the Stanton mixer's built-in USB sound card (I use this channel for OTS, just automated dinner music)
- 2 small Creative USB sound cards (deck one, deck two)
- Denon HC4500 controller as a controller only, I no longer use it as a sound card.
- an LED light for the keyboard

Someone suggested USB hubs often cause problems, but the Denon controller just won't function properly without it. I replaced the USB hub a few weeks ago, and usually replace it twice a year. It stays inside the roadcase wired up so the only regular plug/unplug is the hub into the laptop.

I keep the laptop packed inside the road case, I use the external screen, mouse, and keyboard instead of having the laptop on display - just how I roll.

I'm ready to buy a new DJ PC, but thinking because I don't use it for anything else, maybe I'll go for a mini PC with more USB ports.

I'll see if I can get some diagnostics on the shutdowns, but anyone have any suggestions what I'm doing wrong? Everything was working perfectly, then bang - BSOD.

Or, does anyone see how I can get around my lack of USB ports?? Can I add a 2nd hub for the controller, lighten the load, perhaps?

Thanks!

Posté Sun 04 Nov 18 @ 12:17 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What does the message on the bsod say?

Posté Sun 04 Nov 18 @ 2:34 am
idj4uPRO InfinityMember since 2004
That windows was "collecting data and would restart".

I was busy making the backup boot, and didn't pay attention. Figured I could check a log somewhere for info.

Posté Sun 04 Nov 18 @ 2:53 am
On the bottom of the "Collecting Data" screen there's a short message labeled as "Stop Code"
By looking up this Stop Code you can tell what could possibly have gone wrong

Posté Mon 05 Nov 18 @ 8:32 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)