Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Deck 3 non responsive

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

PirahnaControlleristMember since 2008
I am having a problem with deck 3 ... if the song is not playing, I have control of the track with the left platter/jog wheel, but if the song is playing, I lose the ability to control the track, ie scratching. This only happens on Deck 3, decks 1, 2, and 4 work fine. I have an american audio vms5 4 channel mixer, I contacted American Audio and they tend to think its software related as the left jog wheel works fine for deck 1. I contacted Virtual DJ Support, and their response was " Please close VDJ 8 then browse to your DOCUMENTS->VIRTUALDJ folder. Next rename the SETTINGS file & License .dat. Then reopen VDJ 8 and retest. What this will do is to reset the software settings. it will not alter your database files. " ... but rename it to what?? Also, while its great that it wont alter my database files, wont messing with the license file alter my license making my purchase of said license obsolete?

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Posté Mon 05 Nov 18 @ 3:58 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Sounds like deck 3 is in CD mode, not vinyl.

There are a couple of ways to fix this. First, on the default skin you can click the button to the left of the bottom of the pitch slider for deck 3, choose "Jog Behavior" and then "Vinyl Mode (scratch)". You can also fix it in settings - either search for "vinyl" or change the selection at the top to "all settings" and go to the "audio" section. The setting is called "vinylMode" and you probably want "Yes". I imagine yours is set to "Per decks" and the third deck check mark is not checked.

Good luck.

Posté Mon 05 Nov 18 @ 5:32 pm
PirahnaControlleristMember since 2008
PhilW wrote :
Sounds like deck 3 is in CD mode, not vinyl.

There are a couple of ways to fix this. First, on the default skin you can click the button to the left of the bottom of the pitch slider for deck 3, choose "Jog Behavior" and then "Vinyl Mode (scratch)". You can also fix it in settings - either search for "vinyl" or change the selection at the top to "all settings" and go to the "audio" section. The setting is called "vinylMode" and you probably want "Yes". I imagine yours is set to "Per decks" and the third deck check mark is not checked.

Good luck.

Thanks for the advice, I decided to go ahead and just rename the files by adding a " 1 " to each file, but had copied both files an saved them in case it really messed things up ... but this seams to have fixed the issue I was having, thankfully :). It basically reset everything in my settings, but wasnt too hard to get them back to where I needed them to be. Thank you for trying to help ... your probably right about what was wrong, makes sense ... just didnt think to check that :). Thanks :)

Posté Tue 06 Nov 18 @ 2:53 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)