Connexion rapide:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Sujet Labels for values

Ce topic est ancien et peut contenir des informations obselètes ou incorrectes.

Hi!
Some of the sliders and values have labels... like the filter_label.
But the most ones don't have them.

Is it possible to implement labels to every slider or value?
Like master_volume, sampler_volume, sampler_volume_master.

Additionally:
If the value is on default the label could show the name.
If the value is not on default the label should show the value constantly instead of switching back to the name.
This could be useful on every label - filters, effects but also volumes or EQs - so the user can see modified values better.

Posté Thu 24 Jan 19 @ 5:45 am
andy-chiles wrote :
Hi!
Some of the sliders and values have labels... like the filter_label.
But the most ones don't have them.

Is it possible to implement labels to every slider or value?
Like master_volume, sampler_volume, sampler_volume_master.

Additionally:
If the value is on default the label could show the name.
If the value is not on default the label should show the value constantly instead of switching back to the name.
This could be useful on every label - filters, effects but also volumes or EQs - so the user can see modified values better.

You can see the value of every slider if you hover it with your mouse and you have tooltips enabled.
As for the labels on the skin I don't think it would be useful to switch ALL the labels to such behavior.
First of all, new users (or dj's that start now) would get confused seeing a bunch of numbers instead of a label of what that slider does.
Second, I can see a scenario that you could confuse one knob with another very easy if the labels are gone.
Third, not all sliders have "default" values.

That being said, it is very easy for someone who wants to modify the default skin and change the labels with the sliders values.

Posté Thu 24 Jan 19 @ 11:26 am
Ok these sound like good arguments.
But I also think towards the more experienced users who don't work with mice so much or the controller-users in general.

So my next idea would be to implement at least something like a "time frame" for the labels, which sets the time when to show the name again after the last move of the knob was made.

Lets take the filter_label as an example:
It already has filter_label 'clean'.
I don't know how much work it is, but the step to something like filter_label '3000ms' doesn't seem so far away.
So everyone who is more experienced and is a little into coding can decide for his own how long he wants to display values or names.

Does this sound like a good deal for everyone? :D

Posté Sat 26 Jan 19 @ 3:47 am
Just thinking out loud here - it would also be quite cool to have that info displayed on videoskins...

Posté Sat 26 Jan 19 @ 8:08 am

(Les anciens sujets et forums sont automatiquement fermés)